Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
As a new addition to our Operations Team, we are looking for a problem-solver who is passionate about operating with integrity and holding themselves and others to the highest standards. The Project Manager for Construction, with Development and Planning, will focus on managing construction projects for all new and existing properties, including the necessary permitting, planning and zoning research. They will be responsible for developing a process to execute at scale for areas like resources and partnerships, pricing model, project management tools, and Salesforce integration. We are excited to add this knowledgeable go-getter to our team.
What you'll do...
- Research permitting, related building/planning records, and zoning requirements from local jurisdictions
- Assist in the processing of plans or required paperwork for agency approvals and permits
- Manage architects, engineers, and required consultants for project permitting, construction plan management, and project close-out
- Partner with Project/Onboarding Managers to ensure project success (Onboarding managers oversee the integration of homes into the AvantStay portfolio)
- Develop and/or leverage quantitative and qualitative tools for data analysis and collection with respect to project cost and planning initiatives
- Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees; bid projects to multiple general contractors
What you’ll bring…
- 3-5 years of relatable experience, including demonstrated success working with building, planning and construction teams
- Basic familiarity with planning and building documents
- Basic understanding of and ability to read maps and understanding of public review processes
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Direct experience with California building codes a very big plus
Perks + Benefits...
- Salary: $75,000 DOE
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Read Full Job Description