Project Manager, Capital Integrations (Santa Barbara, CA) at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking a motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented candidate with a background in operational project management to work within the Operations Division as part of our Project Leadership Organization at Apeel Sciences. Our Project Managers are accountable for managing simultaneous projects, potentially across multiple portfolios, in several countries and across multiple teams at Apeel Sciences. This involves both internal and external-facing coordination and management to ensure that our ideas, products, equipment, and services are successfully launched and integrated into Apeel’s and our customers’ operations. Project Managers interface closely across our strong matrixed organization, including Sales Engineering, Product Development, and Operations. Project Managers are accountable for managing budgets, timelines, and resources (people and capital) while leveraging project management tools to ensure efficient project execution in support of company goals. Project Managers will also play a critical role in managing and improving upon our standard platforms and processes, organizing and disseminating information to relevant parties, and capturing key lessons learned throughout the organization for future projects.
What You'll Do
- Deliver a project leadership mindset and approach to your projects to enable Apeel’s strategic vision by bringing ideas to life.
- Lead multiple cross-functional projects from initiation through steady-state commercialization
- Apply project management best practices, with project leadership approaches to inspire your project team members to deliver successful projects
- Utilize and digital project and knowledge management tools to track, analyze, and achieve project objectives
- Effectively leverage resources (people and capital) across multiple teams and functions to complete projects economically and expeditiously
- Systematically capture and manage knowledge, including (but not limited to) the organization and dissemination of key information, and the documentation of key lessons learned from projects
- Clearly and effectively communicate (in written and verbal forms) to cross-functional teams as well as to senior management
- Engender support for and build consensus and buy-in for decisions made prior to and during projects
- Provide recommendations and the leadership to move projects forward— particularly in times of impasse, ambiguity, or conflict
- Work effectively to manage and strengthen working relationships among project teams and our customers
- Bring innovative ideas to continuously improve the current project management framework and construct new project management architectures to address deficiencies or add strategic value
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent operational and project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- 7 - 10 years experience in project management role
- Experience with project management tools such as productivity software, Gantt charts, and knowledge management databases is preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated organizational ability and high attention to detail.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated leadership competencies, and understand the the connection and importance of both project management and project leadership
- Ideal candidates will have experience with capital projects integrating equipment into existing manufacturing processes
- Individuals with strong interpersonal skills and experience leading and managing cross functional interdisciplinary teams will be given preference
- Candidates who have demonstrated effective written and/or verbal communication in various technical fields will be given preference
- Candidates with experience in a technical or highly regulated industry and/or experience managing capital projects will be given preference
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.