Project Engineer at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
Apeel Sciences is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to facilitate engineering projects. Project Engineers at Apeel help to drive all in-house and external Engineering projects to successful completion. You will help to successfully design, develop and deliver appropriate equipment, machinery, hardware and software solutions to bring Apeel’s innovations to the market place. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage individual project implementation activities with the objective to achieving 100% compliance with strict sanitary and quality standards, flawless integration, operation of all equipment with ultrahigh reliability and workmanship, from project inception to completion. If you are a detail-oriented professional with 3-5 years of experience in project engineering and implementation, we strongly encourage you to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Apeel’s engineering and operations teams, and other technical personnel to successfully complete projects.
- Work with customers and Apeel’s Sales team to identify technical requirements for Apeel’s formulation application equipment, develop creative approaches to integrate Apeel’s technology within customer’s facility and workflow with minimal disruption during the integration process.
- Generate design and technical documents for each customer integration project, including but not limited to process flow maps, 2D & 3D layouts, and detailed Bill of Materials.
- Help to develop detailed schedules, coordinate, and monitor all in-house and customer facing engineering projects.
- Under supervision, scope, select, size, and customize equipment to fit the determined customer layout, workflow, and technical specifications.
- Prepare or assist in preparing requests for quotation or proposal (RFQ/RFP) for new equipment designs & customizations or for fabrication to new standards or in new geographies.
- Maintain and update the Engineering team’s accountable items in the master project plan with clearly identified milestones, critical path items, resource requirements and budget.
- Perform project technical feasibility assessments, risk assessments, and identify risk mitigation plans.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes and standards, industry best practices, relevant QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications. Ensure that all health, safety and legal requirements are met.
- Track project status, manage list of action items and provide regular update to Apeel’s leadership team. Monitor and report on project schedule and cost variances and project implementation efficiencies.
- Develop testing and verification plans for equipment and execute those plans during Factor and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT / SAT] and during equipment qualification (IQ / OQ / PQ)
- With the Operations team, oversee equipment fabrication, installation, and start-up.
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Engineer for complex engineering projects. The ideal candidate will bring experience and best practices from a large corporation, while has demonstrated ability and nimbleness to implement such best practices in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written & verbal are required.
- Proficient with project planning and project management tools e.g. MS Project, Asana etc.
- Experience with Engineering drafting software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience working with small and large equipment vendors and contractors.
- Highly creative with demonstrated problem solving abilities and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bilingual with fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Up to 60% travel (domestic and international) on the average. Amount of travel can vary during project implementation mode. Ability to work in confined spaces, in harsh environmental conditions, near high voltage electrical equipment and in the vicinity of heavy electromechanical equipment in a food processing facility is a required.
- Minimum a BS degree in Engineering.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.