Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As the Project Engineer, you’ll be responsible for engineering , project management aspects and hands on execution of many projects to support Vehicle Engineering which could include Design and build of test environments, Prototyping, Equipment install and commissioning, Field Quality countermeasure development. Cross Functional with MFG, Service, Product
What You'll Do
- CAD Design
- Hands on testing - proof of concept and development
- Fabrication of tool, fixtures and development beds
- Hands building of prototype harnesses - product intent and test rig
- HIL projects to support firmware validation
- Develop and prove recommendations to address field issues on vehicles
- Develop tools and test setups
- Evaluate field issues, propose and prove solutions – Design, MFG process, supplier quality, operations
- Supplier management
- Project management
What You'll Need
- Rounded electromechanical skillset
- Understanding of machining, casting, extrusion and other construction principals
- Experience building out bench test environments
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe / CANalyzer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant engineering field
- Ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions.
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills and good teamwork
- Multi-tasking and self-starting
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description