Project Coordinator - Temp at Virgin Hyperloop
The Project Coordinator is an engineering focused coordinator accountable for executing on and reporting project data for one or more engineering projects.
Some of these duties are:
- Responsible for the on-boarding of project teams that will be comprised of multiple technical disciplines.
- Accountable for adherence to Project Management Office policies and procedures.
- Consult with other project managers on ‘lessons learned’ and ‘best practices’.
- Inform and communicate to identified parties as required.
- Responsible for executing and supporting a delivery methodology (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CPM, PRINCE2 and hybrids)
- Accountable for collecting and reporting project data both structured and ‘ad hoc’
- Responsible for collecting data to support project resource loading, leveling and base-lining
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of project artifacts (charters, schedules, statement of work, budgets, deliverable's, requirements, approvals/sign off, etc.)
- Accountable to document and escalated ‘risk and issues’
- Accountable that project schedules are up to date and accurate
- Responsible for creating and maintaining professional relationships
- Accountable to host project review meetings and record action items.
- Coordinate activities for a large diverse team
- Providing administrative support as needed.
The candidate for this role must:
- A strong, detail oriented candidate is preferred
- Experience in an engineering organization is preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Communicate directly, openly, honestly and respectfully
- Communicate issues directly, openly and quickly
- Work collaboratively with others, often in small teams for long duration's
- Flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential to success in this position
- Ability to influence decision making
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in project coordination
- Hands-on experience in a technical role
- Key contributor in projects composed of multi-discipline teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, etc.) or Cross Functionally
- Key contributor in projects that deployed at least one methodology (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Jira, Microsoft Project, and Visio
- Experience in aerospace, transportation or systems engineering
- Proficient understanding in portfolio, program and project management best practices
- Attention to detail