The Product Operations Manager is responsible for efficient product delivery. They provide, timely and accurate decision support for prioritization and resourcing questions. They are custodians and evangelists of the “secret sauce” of how Rapid7 builds products.
What would you own?
Effective project management
- Create, update, and maintain detailed documentation for project plans as required by project teams and executive stakeholders
- Manage changes to the scope, schedule and deliverables of each project using appropriate verification techniques
Efficient product delivery
- Remove barriers to execution: visibility, communication, ownership, prioritization, and execution
- Focus on tooling to achieve scale
Product decision support
- Providing insight into how we are executing for the purpose of prioritization and resource allocation.
- Increase velocity of planning and prioritization
- Focus on simplification, deduplication of effort
- Reduce on-ramp time for productive product team members.
What would you do?
Simplify and streamline the product delivery process
- Provide easy to use tools for project execution, monitoring and value realization
- Operate and improve efficiency of sustaining operations
- Create delivery cadence through facilitation and tooling for weekly prioritization/alignment meetings and other feedback loops
Provide visibility and connect the organization
- Maintain, expand and evangelize central project reporting system
- Establish working groups and feedback loops between Products and non-Product groups.
Collect, organize and structure tribal knowledge
- Onboarding: Creation and maintenance of operating mechanisms
- 2+ years managing large scale, complex projects
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence without having direct authority over resources
- Demonstrated ability to work within all levels of an organization, including working with senior management
- JIRA, Confluence - Admin experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Experience with Agile SDLC
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance big-picture objectives with numerous detailed tasks
- Strong aptitude for developing partnerships across functional areas