Program Manager, Closures (Automotive)
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Program Manager will effectively organize and drive programs and activities to support meeting company milestones. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure requirements are met in a timely, efficient and detailed manner.Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for schedule, cost, and scope containment for discrete portions of the EV product lifecycle.
- Create and track development, build, and launch plans with a cross-functional team of manufacturing engineers, design engineers, procurement/buyers, finance, and vendors.
- Develop and manage inter-connected projects and coordinate cross-project activities.
- Monitor and optimize program performance and aim to maximize ROI and assume responsibility for customers and vendors within a program scope.
- Identify and escalate program risks. Develop and execute risk mitigation plans as needed.
- Manage deadlines, budgets, and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business or related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience in delivering complex projects in automotive or engineering industries.
- Proven experience in program management and ability to support change.
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships.
- Experience in project management including related software and tools .
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to influence and engage at executive level.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Hands-on interest in developing a real-world product from concept to production stages.
- Passionate about the automotive industry.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.