Production Planning and Control Specialist at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
As the Production team’s first Planning and Control Specialist, you will be responsible for program planning and scheduling within a fast-paced group, developing the systems and supporting infrastructure required to launch the first 3D printed rocket in orbit. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. In this hands-on position, you will work to increase the speed and efficiency of your team by supporting the timely delivery, quality, and transparency of schedule data. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards our first flight.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Lead integrated scheduling and resource planning, develop and maintain the production schedule, perform schedule baseline change control, collect and track performance, and conduct critical path and variance analyses.
- Provide visibility, status, and regular reviews on schedule performance. Collaborate with design, manufacturing and supply chain to status critical procurements and impact to schedule. Resource load, analyze, and optimize the program schedule to meet required dates. You will envision "what if" scenarios and help develop recovery plans.
- Track hundreds to thousands of individual piece parts/raw materials either purchased or made in-house in order to fulfill production demand.
- Help set strategic and tactical goals, priorities, and objectives for the production team.
- Production demand planning duties, to provide actionable insights and drive improved schedule performance for our team.
- Provide meaningful metrics and data to help demonstrate where data collection, measurement and analysis can be valuable in informing strategic decisions regarding resource allocation and planning.
The ideal candidate will be the Production Managers “partner in crime”. You will lead the way we go about scheduling and coordinating milestones. You will ensure drawing release burn down schedules match up and that part orders align with the build schedule. We are in constant state of iteration – design release, build plan creation, and manufacturing demonstration all happening in parallel. You can navigate an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment, answering the question of “how do build this first rocket”. You will be thinking right to left, using judgement based off the critical path, as well as left to right, tactically driving our day-to-day priorities. You have coordinated across teams: developing and updating schedules and make/buy plans as well as communicating project wins, blockers, and decisions throughout the organization. You are excited by the idea of building a schedule from scratch and being the first planner to do so.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Project Management.
- Experience with large project controls, project planning and IMS; Proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Smartsheet, MS Project, or comparable software.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project).
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are essential for this position.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Works on multiple projects and changing priority.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years working with broad/deep scheduling and planning.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or aerospace.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.