Product Enablement Program Manager at BlackLine (Remote)
The Product Enablement Program Manager position will focus on the advancement of the product skills of customer- facing roles including Implementation Consultants, Support Analysts, Customer Success Managers, and Solution Consultants. Specifically, the program manager will empower employees with relevant product knowledge to elevate their productivity and equip the teams with the necessary information to drive maximum value for BlackLine customers. This role should be able to understand the current BL Product Suite capabilities compared to future state based on the product roadmap, to enable Customer Team members on how product changes should be incorporated into their day to day support of BL Customers.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Deliver standard Product onboarding components for Customer Team onboarding program.
- Partner with Readiness Integration Manager and Senior Solution Manager Product to develop and deliver targeted Product Release Training for ICs, CSMs, Support, and SCs
- Provide advanced Product upskilling to existing Customer Team practitioners and managers
- Partner with Readiness Integration Manager to support acquisition product integration and continued product launches (including documentation)
- Share with Customer Team Leaders forecasted product updates/enhancements in order to determine if there are process changes required for how the team engages with customers.
- Develop and maintain product enablement programs and activities for customer-facing roles that ensure consistency of understanding of BlackLine’s products’ value, functionality, and differentiators
- Collaborate with Solutions Management, the Global Training and Education team, and SMEs to contextualize ongoing product development and functionality to develop relevant enablement materials
- Provide updates, training, and enablement on new product releases in collaboration with Readiness Integration Manager, Solutions Management, the Global Training and Education team, and SMEs
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify learning objectives and skills gaps
- In partnership with the GTM Enablement organization, determine required resources needed to execute on training strategies
- Foster and lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- Align Product enablement activities with key internal and external events.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of Product enablement programs and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4+ years of Customer Teams implementation and/or training/enablement experience with an enterprise Cloud applications provider. Experience serving customers teams delivering software products or Support.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Cloud software implementation Support delivery.
- Training facilitation skills
- Salesforce chat, mail, and knowledge base.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Knowledge of the Customer team technology stack (Financial Force, Salesforce.com, SmartSheet, etc)
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and product release schedules
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Ability to translate concepts, summarize, and communicate complex ideas, and clearly articulate business value with a good sense of how Support professionals think, operate, and absorb training.
- Ability to influence without direct authority or responsibility.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change. Able to prioritize these demands and gain buy-in or direction with sales and GTM stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to command a classroom of Support Teams or Managers, both live and in a virtual training environment; facilitation skills in an adult learning environment
- BlackLine product knowledge
- Effective relationship building skills
- Support training/enablement experience
- Experience with enablement related to financial applications is highly preferred.
- Experience with Docebo learning management system (LMS)
- Understanding of accounting and finance concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of and experience applying Adult Learning Principles in corporate learning
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required.