At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $30 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
As the Privacy Compliance Program Manager, you will report to the General Counsel and collaborate and work cross-functionally across multiple teams, including product, marketing and data teams. Your work will be integral to ensuring GoodRx’s commitment to data privacy.
- Operationalize privacy and regulatory requirements cross-functionally across marketing, product and data teams
- Review, update, develop and implement internal privacy and data governance polices, standards, and procedures.
- Review, update, develop and implement internal training, education programs and reference materials (FAQs) on data protection laws and regulations across the organization, including developing customized programs and materials for specific teams
- Develop and report metrics and KPIs related to data privacy
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on privacy across the organization
- Proactively monitor regulatory and industry trends and new requirements in the data privacy space to ensure industry-leading privacy practices
- Manage contractual review processes related to data, including tracking data processing agreements and data protection terms in agreements
- Manage consumer privacy requests, such as deletion requests, and develop consumer-friendly education materials and FAQs on data privacy rights
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a privacy compliance program management
- Experience working cross-functionally and managing complex programs
- Experience developing internal policies and procedures, and training programs and communications, related to data privacy
- Ability to operate and react quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of statutes, regulations and guidance related to data privacy and consumer communications and marketing, including CCPA, HIPAA, TCPA and CAN-SPAM, and working knowledge of data privacy regulatory trends
- Experience at direct-to-consumer internet companies, including working knowledge of digital technology related to privacy, such as ad-tracking technology, and ability to communicate clearly regarding such technology to non-technical team members.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and 20 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description