Packaging Sourcing Specialist
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Packaging Sourcing Specialist who will be responsible for various packaging projects starting at project initiation through production. Projects will consist of modifications of packaging for existing products as well as the packaging for new products. This includes sourcing, identification, specification development, line trials at co-man level, sample procurement, sizing trials, product documentation, cost-reduced packaging, etc.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Coordinate CAD designs with packaging vendors for new projects working closely with Product Development department and vendors to assure they meet manufacturing, quality, regulatory and customer expectations.
- Work with Product Development department to implement packaging improvement ideas.
- Develop and organize proper documentation for specification system for packaging.
- Audit existing packaging materials for uniformity, quality, conformance, quantities, etc.
- Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the product(s) and business.
- Assists in various projects related to packaging (graphics, etc.)
- Maintaining packaging specifications and graphics ensuring accessibility and control of packaging assets.
- Visit vendor locations, as needed, to examine ongoing packaging projects to ensure conformance to project requirements.
- Provide technical support to Marketing, Quality Assurance, Materials.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on Engineering or related required.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience working with plant operations and packaging supply chain from concept to production for multiple products required.
- Experience and strong working knowledge of a wide variety of packaging materials, automated packaging equipment, and processing equipment required.
- Experience in food/supplement/cosmetics and pet food or other CPG preferred with familiarity with high speed processes.
- Strong communication skills in order to professionally represent the company with customers and suppliers.
- Subject matter expert, resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills; and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable, professional, positive and flexible.
- Work interactively and proactively with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Meet communicated schedules and deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the ability to quickly react to situations.
- Work on multiple tasks and/or projects at once with minimal assistance within a fast-paced results-driven environment.
- Proficiency in researching and developing state of the art packages through experimental design, package testing methodology, and through previous commercialization experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.