Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding $1 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $9 billion in loans and $1 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is growing and we’re looking for an Onboarding Specialist to join our People team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
Our Onboarding Specialist will lead our West Coast onboarding initiatives - from ideation to implementation to facilitation. Our onboarding team is the front line of our employee experience, helping to shape a new hires orientation week and onboarding process from day one.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with onboarding team to develop, implement and facilitate our first week orientation program
- Manage all logistics of first week orientation ensuring each new hire has an excellent experience
- Solicit feedback from new hires on trainings and implement revisions as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate on current onboarding
- You are someone who puts people first, working in the best interest of both our employees and the company
- Have experience and a strong passion for facilitation group learning, teaching or similar skill set to help employees be set up for success in their new role
- Motivated and driven by mentoring, teaching, and support others’ growth
- Demonstrates strong follow-through on tasks; can take initiative when they see something that needs to be done
- Excellent written/verbal communication and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusive results in their work
- Energized by a constantly changing environment
- Integrity and strong emotional intelligence. Leads with empathy and intuition
- Ability to cultivate relationships and build rapport quickly across teams
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Experience in curriculum design and/or program management is a plus
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.