IT Project Manager at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
We are looking for an IT Project Manager to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. In this role, you will be the founding member of an IT PMO supporting and coordinating project activities across all facets of Information Technology. You will be responsible for championing and instilling Program and Project Management best practices and tools throughout IT engineering groups working closely with Management, Development, and IT teams to successfully deliver a multitude of complex, wide-reaching Information Technology projects.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as an IT Project Manager at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Manage requirements definition, resource allocation, project tracking, status reporting across multiple concurrent IT projects.
- Architect and build an IT PMO.
- Employ your process knowledge to optimize efficiency and maximize productivity throughout all IT engineering initiatives.
- Define and instrument Project-Level Objectives to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Ensure we implement and follow best project management practices and build a world class team.
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement.
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Oversee multiple project team members, ensuring program goals are reached on time and successfully.
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the company.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience as an IT Program and/or Project Manager, ideally in a mid-to-large sized, super high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience in managing and building PMO groups (while managing projects yourself), familiarization with complex IT technologies, and a deep passion for delivery of superb work products are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to increase efficiency and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration and 5+ years of experience in IT Program or Project Management.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Proven proposal writing experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possess a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives.
- Demonstrated talent for project coordination and delegation.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, engineering, enterprise systems administration, etc.), and 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- PMP Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.