IT Infrastructure Project Manager at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Project Manager to manage and execute new site infrastructure and network-related deployments. You will have the opportunity to stand up new warehouses and field offices across the country and integrate cutting-edge technology. You bring extensive project management experience opening new facilities and are comfortable working closely with network engineers and cross-functional teams. You are a strong communicator who enjoys collaborating directly with senior leadership and executive teams to solve complex technical problems.
What you'll do:
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Finance, and IT to define project requirements and timelines to execute on various network-related projects, such as new site infrastructure deployments and technology integrations
- Create and manage the scope, schedule, budget and risks of projects
- Provide regular status updates, reporting on progress made against objectives defined in each business case
- Source and manage low voltage vendors for hardware procurement, technology installation, contract negotiations, as well as assure vendor’s Quality of Service (QoS)
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in an engineering or business field
- Hands-on experience in IT and low voltage
- A growth mindset and a bias towards action
- Foundational understanding of application and infrastructure technologies (network cabling, routers, switches, VPN, integrations, virtualization, cloud hosting, wifi etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to deliver projects within a fast paced, multi-disciplined technology environment
- Self-starter, strong ability to lead technical projects with limited direction
- Ability to elicit cooperation and feedback from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, external vendors, and other departments
- Desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, as well as adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to regional offices and warehouses across the country
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.