Head of Technical Program Management at Procore Technologies
Procore is looking for a Head of Technical Program Management to accelerate our vision of connecting everyone in construction on a global platform.
The construction vertical is ripe for technological innovation. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. The construction industry employs approximately 7% of the world’s working population and is one of the global economy’s largest sectors, with over $10T being spent on construction annually.
Procore is leading the market with our SaaS construction platform. We build for real people with real experiences, empowering Groundbreakers to develop and transform the communities we all live in.
As Head of Technical Program Management within our Product and Technology organization, you'll be responsible for on-time, high-quality delivery of the department’s most critical and high-profile initiatives.
You’ll lead a team of Technical Program Managers who partner with groups across our Product, Technology, and Revenue organizations to deliver top-tier solutions to the construction industry. You will sit on the Product and Technology Leadership team, and partner with our heads of Engineering, Product, and User Experience to ensure the successful delivery of our most critical initiatives.
This position report directly to our Chief Technology Officer with the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S. location, or our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Build and mentor a team of cross-functional Technical Program Managers tasked with driving critical P&T initiatives to successful outcomes
- Manage the portfolio of Product and Technology’s highest priority initiatives, including creating and driving the execution of project roadmaps spanning multiple teams and business units
- Identify and recommend optimal paths to reach specific business outcomes where multiple approaches may exist
- Create evaluation strategies to monitor progress and measure success of initiatives
- Drive focus and accountability among stakeholders at all levels of the organization, from software delivery teams to executives
- Cultivate strong, productive, and positive relationships across business units and leverage them to ensure alignment, anticipate and remove roadblocks, and manage dependencies to keep initiatives moving forward
- Provide executive-level reporting and communication regarding initiative status, risks, impediments, and dependencies
- Build product and technology organizational health dashboards for regular review amongst technology leaders.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience leading a program/delivery management organization in an enterprise SaaS environment
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complex, high-impact initiatives involving several Product & Technology teams
- Ability to influence and align stakeholders across multiple business units at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity; ability to identify clear, optimized paths to desired business outcomes in a complex environment
- Technologically savvy, comfortable managing highly technical projects in partnership with Engineering
- Ability to apply change, risk, and resource management principles as needed
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.