In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
This position will provide technical insight into the development by industry of the HBTSS
system. Emphasis is on interfacing with the contractor teams during development of the flight demonstration system and associated risk reduction activities.
Aerospace is supporting the development of the Missile Defense Agency’s Hypersonic and
Ballistic Tracking Space Sensor (HBTSS) System. This position will provide technical insight into the development by industry of the HBTSS system. Emphasis is on interfacing with the contractor teams during development of the flight demonstration system and associated risk reduction activities. Key technical duties include monitoring industry progress in their system design and risk reduction activities, keeping the government customer up to date on progress/issues, and leading Aerospace technical assessment teams. Key program office responsibilities include establishing strong and effective working relationships with government customers and industry partners, and the leadership of Aerospace independent technical assessments and contributions to government and industry efforts.
• May undertake responsibility for a major program segment or major payload. May be required to investigate urgent technical problems or assemble a major briefing or report. As Aerospace representative in customer or contractor's environment, provides nondirective advice, accepts action items and may coordinate pertinent budgets, tasks, and priorities.
• Engineering, Math, or Science degree from a recognized higher education institution. Advanced degree is preferred.
• Previous experience in the development of National Security Space EO/IR sensor systems
• General knowledge of Missile Defense and Missile Warning mission areas and operational architectures
• Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
• Widely recognized internally and externally by peers, management, program office, Government program office counterparts, and contractors
• Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with all levels of Aerospace, government, and contractor personnel
• Must have or be eligible for a Top Secret clearance and SCI access
• 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
• Previous experience with other National Security Space mission areas is desirable.
• Some travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.