The Technical Project Manager position is responsible for ensuring Operations deliverables are completed in a consistent fashion based on Operations project plans and expectations of other TeleSign organizations. They will ensure Operations projects are planned, assigned and executed to meet the business needs. The Technical Project Manager will be the hub of communications with TeleSign’s Development Program Management and Client Services organization. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the Operations staff is scheduled effectively and efficiently to meet needs and also insure task assignment’s foster staff cross training and a include a balance of complexity and challenge for each operational staff member. The individual will also make sure that critical tasks related to action items are addressed, impact to scheduled activities are documented and schedules adjusted accordingly. This position will be a key contributor to the development, evolution and measurement of Operational KPIs and dashboard to measure Operations effectiveness. They will be familiar with infrastructure components, their purpose, and significance to the overall product offering. In addition, they will also be expected to develop an understanding of the key application components, the relationship to the infrastructure and linkages between application components to the product offering. Experience in a fast-paced cloud computing environment is a must with the demonstrated ability of flexibility, creativity and dedication to meeting operational and corporate needs.
What you'll do:
- Manage the Operations task list in JIRA, including insuring full requirements are identified on new tasks, identifying priorities, understanding dependencies, working with management to make manpower assignments.
- Develop and manage project plans and tasks for Operations sponsored projects.
- Develop KPIs and measurements to represent Operations strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify new activities to institute a continuous improvement culture within Operations that can be measured by the Operations KPIs.
- Represent Operations in key Development Agile Life Cycle activities (Daily Stand-ups. Task Grooming, Sprint Planning/Reviews).
- Draft Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documents related to operational events.
- Oversee the operational service calendar to document activities and events which positively or negatively impact TeleSign’s services.
- Manage the TeleSign Change Management process.
- Develop JIRA workflows in support of operation process and procedure.
- Support Operations budget creation, tracking and work with staff on business case justifications for large purchases.
- 3+ years Project Management, preferably in an Operations organization.
- Working knowledge and experience with JIRA.
- Experience with the Agile Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills with all levels of the TeleSign team.
- 2+ years of experience with JIRA is highly desirable.
- Highly organized and able to deal with a dynamic changing environment.
- Experience in a Cloud Services business is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with voice communications and SMS messaging technology and terminology is a definite plus.
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more!
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.