- In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Facilities Project Escort will escort contract labor workers and others for various projects in a secure environment. The Escort will monitor, observe, and interact with the contract labor workers as they accomplish their tasks. Duties include interfacing with government and Aerospace customers on these assignments.
- Must be able to work in construction areas as required (Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by Aerospace)
- Shifts are day or evening, Monday through Friday, typically 6:00AM – 2:30PM, or 6:00PM – 2:30AM, with occasional weekend work. Hours may be modified based on project needs, and a shift may be partial or full.
- Applicants responding to this position currently possess the ability to view classified government information. Applicants may be subject to additional government security investigation upon hiring.
- Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have current SCI Clearance OR have had an SCI Clearance within the last 3 years
- Must be dependable and able to work well within a team environment.
- Customer service orientation and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments (Required training and timesheet)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Work involves walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs for extended periods of time the duration of the shift.
Must be able to work within construction areas as required
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.