In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for preparing conceptual designs for construction projects. Directs design and engineering consultants.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
• Prepares design and engineering SOWs for obtaining proposals from outside designers and engineers.
• Reviews drawings and specifications for conformance with company standards and code requirements.
• Coordinates city plan check and permit process.
• Develops concenptual design and space planning drawings, construction documents and specifications in compliance with applicable codes and local regulations based on customer needs.
• Works with city building officials to process plans through plan check, as well as interface with contractors during construction phase of the projects.
• Coordinates and reviews the work of architectural and engineering consultants.
• Assists in the selection process of outside design consultants and interface on a daily basis with customers regarding project status, project requirements, project approval and coordination with other departments.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with construction blueprints and cost projections
• Experience with architectural design and space planning
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Some knowledge of city building codes
• Vendor management experience
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
• Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
• Must possess time management and project management skills
• 6 or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree, 4 or more years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree, or PhD or JD
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
• Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may visit locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces, and may be exposed to seasonal elements.
• Intermittent travel to gain access to work areas and buildings.
• Frequent on-site inspections which may include climbing ladders and removing floor tiles.
• May involve exposure to construction noise.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.