Engineering Program Manager, Hardware
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Spectacles are our sunglasses that Snap! They make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and then relive them later. The Spectacles team is the newest member of the Snap Inc. family, situated at the intersection of cutting edge camera technology and software. The team works every day to create fun new ways to express yourself and capture the world!
We’re looking for an Engineering Program Manager to join Snap Inc! As the Hardware Technical Program Manager, you will organize programs and development activities for our organization's hardware product deliverables. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
What you'll do:
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Work with the Hardware, Design and Software teams to develop a plan to implement the organization's goals for hardware products
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement on an ongoing basis
- Articulate complex technical issues to key stakeholders and decision makers, in a clear and concise manner, to enable objective decision making
- Drive multiple programs efficiently
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Analyze and report on program risks
- Travel internationally to support builds as needed
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of experience in engineering program management in consumer electronics
- Direct knowledge in product development and manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications, with attention to detail
- Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone who has worked with contract manufacturers and suppliers overseas
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].