Cross Mission Integration Leader at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Cross Mission Special lead supports the Portfolio Architect (SMC/ZA) to execute its role as the USSF future space capability end-state architect and portfolio manager. Aerospace supports the Space Warfighting Construct (SWC) though system-of-systems engineering, architecting, developmental planning, concept development, trade space analysis, end-to-end digital engineering and technology validation/integration. This position provides technical and programmatic leadership for architecture development and analysis to integrate protect and defend mission and also interfaces with senior government personnel on high impact decisions for the future development of the space enterprise.
The person in this position is expected to support Aerospace and integrated Government/Contractor/FFRDC teams leading cross mission special implementation of solutions driving defendability and interoperability. Responsible for system-of-system concepts and evaluation processes, as well as integration with modelling and simulation efforts to evaluate the resulting architectures in contested environments. Responsible for coordinating large-scale technical efforts across the project and company.
- Leading systems architecture definition/implementation and enterprise integration studies for SSC and mission partners
- Leading Aerospace concept exploration and program definition studies for USSF capabilities and USSF material solutions to support COCOM missions including USSPACECOM
- Technical and programmatic integration of inputs from various mission areas SMEs
- Collaboration across SSC, other government agencies, allies, and commercial enterprises
- Develop future space system capabilities and effect end state requirements as part of a future enterprise architecture driving POM inputs
- Tool development and deployment for system-of-system architecting, resilient systems engineering, cost/effectiveness analysis, and exploitation/integration with commercial capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- 15 or more years of relevant progressive work experience in systems architecture, systems integration, systems engineering or combined experience in multiple areas
- Broad familiarity with USSF (formerly Air Force Space Command), the Intelligence Community and Civil and Commercial space systems, ground systems, missions and architectures
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead cross-functional, high performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to estimate resources required for large-scale studies and analyses
- Demonstrated ability to build and/or maintain substantive rapport with government customers, other FFRDCs and contractors
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills – clear, concise, persuasive communication, logically organized with professional style
- Some travel is required
- Active Top Secret clearance and SCI access
- An excellent personal technical reputation and a record of personal technical achievement in one or more of the following skill areas: concept exploration, architecting, prototyping, demonstration, and program planning
- Experience with mission architectures and implementations
- Experience with communications and networking
- Ability to organize and execute high quality, substantive events including technical fora, major studies and executive presentations
- Experience with mentoring
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.