Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
Team and Role Overview
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager at Relativity, you will manage Relativity’s enterprise systems implementation projects as well as gather requirements, assist in design and implementation, and solution testing. Your approach will bring together the best of state of the art technical solutions, team leadership, and being hands-on in solving technical and business challenges for all Relativity employees.
You are passionate about technology and people, and bring a thought leader mindset to all automation, business systems, and support challenges. You are able to investigate and resolve technical problems yourself, while setting priorities and providing guidance to a team that supports a rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will manage all enterprise systems implementation projects at Relativity, and report to the VP of Operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us create the first autonomous aerospace factory, as the Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s execution and agility by defining, delivering, and supporting project plans for implementing next generation information technologies that support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for implementation of major business systems including PLM, ERP, MES, HRMS, Payroll and integration.
- Solicit, document, analyze and prioritize business systems requirements focusing on business objectives and implementation costs and timelines.
- Serve as a liaison between business users, IT and system integrators as well as software developers in order to assess, prioritize, plan and manage implementation projects.
- Own and lead implementation projects from scope, timeline, budget and risk perspective.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented, in accordance with industry standards, as well as audit and compliance requirements.
- Prepare and present projects status reports to stakeholders and the executive team.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assists in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Partner with our Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure/DevOps resources to implement solutions that meet all critical functional needs, and optimizes the trade-off between buy and build
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in IT/IS project management, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment at a technology company. Prior experience working across various IT systems, applications and infrastructure (including cloud), and a deep passion for project management are critical. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing IT processes and systems, and elevate their use and performance, to create positive impact from day one.
You are always exploring ways to improve your team’s results, you effectively engage with functional experts to establish IT/IS project plans, and show outstanding customer orientation by providing support and guidance to all user groups. You are a passionate team lead that continuously wants to help develop your team and improve their performance. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT/IS project manager in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Expertise in project management techniques and methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Proven track record in managing multiple, simultaneous, complex projects across functional and technical teams, including contractors, vendors, in-house staff and technology partners
- Experience defining and scaling IT infrastructure and systems, while operating on a startup IT budget.
- Experience in gathering and documenting business systems requirements to feed software development as well as implementation and support teams.
- Ability to triage short-term fixes while developing long-term solutions.
- Outstanding employee orientation to provide partnership and support throughout all IT/IS operations challenges and needs.
- Outstanding communication and influencing abilities, paired with strong team leadership.
- BSc/BA in business, engineering, information systems or related field
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.