To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Virgin Hyperloop is looking for an Autonomous Mobility Economist to lead all traffic / demand modeling activities at the company and to be a thought leader in the industry. You will be responsible for conducting travel demand forecasts for passenger and cargo flows and managing consulting partners to perform independent analyses. You will also advise the company’s business development, engineering, and leadership teams on traffic / demand and the impacts of a transformational transportation technology. You will work closely with business development teams responsible for developing project opportunities and with engineering teams to develop integrated tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create travel demand models that estimate passenger and cargo demand by challenging the boundaries of established frameworks to fully capture the value of hyperloop
- Characterize sensitivities of the market to various product features and incorporate into models
- Forecast transport demand and quantify economic benefits for hyperloop projects by collecting data from multiple resources, running planning models, and synthesizing results
- Manage project economic analysis and communication with consulting partners in coordination with Business Development leads in various stages of feasibility studies
- Estimate wider impacts such as real estate benefits and non-farebox revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure that requirements are appropriate for the market and meaningful to the engineering design process
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to create integrated demand planning tools
- Effectively, concisely, and accurately document and communicate with all levels of the company and external stakeholders
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- M.S. in transportation, engineering, economics, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the traditional 4-step modeling - trip generation, trip distribution, mode choice, and traffic assignment.
- Practical industry experience in modeling demand for autonomous systems that offer a step-change in performance relative to existing modes of transport
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders from various cultures and with varying levels of transport planning sophistication.
- Proficiency in statistic modeling, traffic modeling, survey design, and database management
- Experience with ArcGIS (or equivalents), and TransCAD/VISUM
- Experience managing competing priorities/projects
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with management in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ph.D. in transportation, engineering, economics, or equivalent experience
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more.
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave.