Associate Project Manager, Budget Operations
Associate Project Manager, Budget OperationsJob SummaryThe Budget Project Manager is responsible for the forecasting, coordination, implementation, approval, analysis and completion of budget, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Leads, Managers, Directors, and Producers to establish budget requirements.
- Connect with External Project Manager to align budget expectations.
- Define budget scope, goals and deliverables.
- Create an effective tracking system for easily digested review.
- Design effective budget models for analysis.
- Forecast budgets for one or more projects with quarterly updates.
- Review budget requests and contracts for approval.
- Track and identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period.
- Correct budgetary discrepancies.
- Tracking and facilitating intercompany recharges.
- Present budget updates to senior leadership.
- Outline spending improvements.
- Strong understanding and experience with financial planning concepts including variance analysis, capacity/utilization and ROI.
Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, flexible environment with minimal supervision in order to prioritize and meet project deadlines.
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail and organization.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4-7 years of industry experience in a product development environment.
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts).
- Prior experience working with large development teams.
- Previous internal team production experience required.
- gaming and interactive entertainment” experience preferred
- Four year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set.