Assistant Manager of Operations Support
Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is looking for an Assistant Operations Support Manager to oversee the work of other individuals in the operations support department, providing guidance, supervision, and discipline as needed. They are responsible for managing daily technical operations for their organization while ensuring overall efficiency. The position will also support ad-hoc initiatives and projects to help increase efficiency and quality for the operation teams. They are expected to collect and analyze metrics, provide reports regularly to managers, and routinely assess the efficiency, effectiveness, and technical proficiency of the team.
The position requires excellent communication skills to work effectively with subordinates, customers, engineers, managers, and others. A successful record in project management is helpful in improving support processes, and they will need to be able to think quickly and adapt in a flexible work environment.
In this role you will:
- Establish work flows, practices and standards to ensure that ongoing support is provided for operations
- Provide staff direction in analyzing and resolving escalated operational problems
- Manage schedules of team members according to customer demand and any service level agreements
- Track and monitor daily workload to ensure customer and operations expectations are met
- Identify places to cut costs and to improve performance, policies, and misses
- Effectively discuss issues and negotiate with others, direct subordinates, and explain policies and decisions to those within and outside the organization
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Specify and build/implement tools to improve the speed and quality of operations support
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in leadership, project management and/or operations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to react to operational support requirements, must be able to organize time effectively and prioritize tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads
- High attention to detail and high level of accuracy in checking & processing information
- Proficient in Google Suite, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues, clients and vendors
- Able to work on own initiative, make effective decisions and also work as part of a team
- A positive flexible attitude
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description