Programmatic Direct Specialist
Open X seeks a Specialist / Sr. Specialist, Programmatic Direct, who will lead the implementation and optimization of OpenX cutting-edge Programmatic Direct solutions across our vast array of premium display, video, and mobile app publishers. The ideal candidate will act as an internal expert on Programmatic Direct and will consult the OpenX client-facing teams on strategies and best practices for monetizing our publisher’s digital advertising content. The Sr. Specialist will drive the adoption of Private Marketplace (PMP), Targeted Exchange (TE), Real-time Guaranteed (RTG), and other innovative Programmatic Direct Products.
As an analytical high achiever, you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You are able to identify monetization growth opportunities and advise publishers on how to increase their programmatic direct revenue. You are able to execute business initiatives seamlessly to deliver, if not exceed, the financial objectives of partner relationships and OpenX.
Key Responsibilities● Serve as an internal expert working with Publisher Development to upsell PD platform
● On-board new publishers to OpenX Programmatic Direct Products, including PMP, TE and RTG
● Drive user-engagement and adoption with key supply-side partners
● Team with Partner Services to drive performance and yield of private marketplace deals: set up,
optimize, audit, and deliver reports summarizing performance to internal stakeholders and
● Liaise with Publisher Account Managers and Advertising Operations Teams to package the
publisher’s inventory for private marketplace.
● Advise Publishers on ideal publisher package structure and pricing as informed by publisher's
previous experience with PMPs and direct sales, in addition to known industry best practices.
● Consult with DSPs and Programmatic Media Buyers on setting up, scaling and troubleshooting
● Collect competitive insights from supply and demand partners
● Collaborate with Agency Direct Team to educate ATDs, DSPs and marketers on supply-side
programmatic direct solutions.
● Develop EMEA region’s best practices for effective account management and operational
● Be the first point of escalation for all Programmatic Direct related supply-side (publisher) partner
● Provide Product and Engineering Teams with feedback for the continued evolution of the OpenX
Programmatic Direct Products and Tools.
● Attend client meetings with key publishers, programmatic media buyers and DSPs..
● Frequent travel to OpenX offices to New York and Los Angeles will be required, especially during
the first year.
Required Qualifications● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● 2-4 years’ experience at an Advertising Exchange, Supply Side Platform (SSP) Demand Side Platform (DSP), Agency Trading Desk, online publisher, ad network, media agency, or similar
company within the digital media ecosystem.
● Experience presenting to both internal and external stakeholders.
● Deep understanding of the online ad industry
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including Vlookup and Pivot Tables
Bonus / Preferred Qualifications● Knowledge of the RTB/programmatic ecosystem and private marketplaces
● Familiarity with header bidding and containers, such as prebid.js or Index
● Experience with ad servers, DSPs and similar tools.
● Programmatic Yield Management experience for a publisher, ad network or exchange.
● Experience working at or with an online publisher to segment inventory to meet buyers’ campaign
needs. Potential backgrounds include publisher yield, publisher advertising operations, campaign
management, media planning, publisher account management or agency media buying.
● Experience with SQL / database queries
● Experience working with Reporting & Analytics tools
● Analytical thinker capable of distilling insights for internal stakeholders
● Intellectually curious and creative problem solver
● Attention to detail; ability to consistently set and meet deadlines
● Ability to form strong partnerships with internal teams and clients
● Self-starter with ability to work independently
About OpenX:OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising. Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
● We are one
● Our customers define us
● OpenX is mine
● We are an open book
● We evolve fast