VP, Product Solutions, Localization
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
Context & Structure
The role is part of the world-wide commercial operation which supports the global distribution business of Deluxe. The Deluxe Commercial team brings together the strengths of the Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Account Management global teams
The VP, Product Solutions, Localization role is based in Burbank, CA and sits within the Sales function and reports to the SVP of Global Product Sales, based in Burbank, CA.
Main purpose of the position:
This role is responsible for providing in depth localization insight and knowledge to the Deluxe sales teams and clients in order to facilitate increased knowledge and confidence in the Deluxe product line and ensure that we are closing deals and meeting our sales targets for this product line across all of our client profiles. In this role you will be expected to identify specific areas of prospect need and demonstrate how Deluxe services & products fill those needs in order to grow the product line, revenue and profitability.
- Deliver in-depth presentations and demonstrations, supporting the sales and account teams through being an expert for Localization services and platforms
- Support and identify commercial opportunities for both new and existing customers to help achieve our quarterly and annual revenue targets across Deluxe’s global localization business
- Work closely with in-region US sales team to support regional localization opportunities, while also participating in global commercial activities for strategic global accounts, in close coordination with other non-US regional sales team members
- Actively participate in and help drive global Product Solutions team objectives to support Deluxe’s overarching commercial strategy
- Prepare and deliver technical/product/service demonstrations as required
- Prepare and deliver localization product training to global sales teams as needed
- Meet with prospective and existing clients to identify their requirements; Research competitor strengths and weaknesses; Work with sales teams as required to best address prospect issues; Ensure meetings and demonstrations are free of complications and targeted toward the prospect’s specific business and functional requirements
- Succinctly solve prospect-specific business problems by means of using Deluxe solutions
- Strategize with sales team members to identify the most effective approach that will result in the prospect buying Deluxe services & products
- Clearly and succinctly relay customer solutions requirements and approach to Deluxe’s Sales Operations team so that they can assist with detailed customer proposals, responses, and pricing that will meet customer needs and expectations
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Deluxe competitors’ solutions, company direction, financial stability, etc.
- Keep current with industry events, solution offerings, etc.
- Regularly participate in sales team meetings, account reviews, and strategy calls
- Build and maintain a thorough knowledge of Deluxe Localization services and platforms, updates, functionality, etc. by working closely with Deluxe’s Product Development and Operations teams
- Assist at marketing events as requested
- Interact and effectively communicate with sales, marketing and external customers
- Operate under moderate supervision
- Represent Deluxe in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating the Company values as required to maximise effectiveness
- Work with all Deluxe stake-holders as required, e.g. Sales Operations, Legal, Marketing, Account Management, Operations, and Product Development teams in order to maximise business
- Bring client needs and objectives back to Deluxe’s Product Development and Operations teams to help define and prioritize updates and enhancements to products and services
Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in sales, pre-sales, and / or client-facing operational functions within the media localization industry
- Strong knowledge of subtitling, dubbing, audio, access services and associated workflows and technologies for premium video content for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast and emerging platforms and formats
- Strong technical knowledge of media processes, formats and deliverables for global content distribution and localization, including quality expectations for different global regions, languages, and consumption mediums
- Working experience with complex commercial proposals and pricing models to drive customer value and business profitability
- Demonstrated experience in making formal presentations including ability to quickly redesign presentations and be flexible
- Broad business knowledge: ability to interpret and utilize industry information on competitors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and open to change, new ideas, and concepts. Is responsive to the needs of internal and external stakeholders at all times
- Uses professional concepts and company policies to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways
- Self-starter, able to find answers and solve problems independently
- Works positively and pro-actively with the sales and business development team to fully contribute to the exceeding of sales targets
- Interacts with prospects at all levels in order to illustrate the value & benefits of the proposed solutions
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.