About the VP of Product, Consumer Experience at Headspace:
Headspace is looking for a VP Product to oversee our consumer product offerings. Reporting to the Chief Product and Content Officer, you will grow and lead a team of awesome product managers to help define and execute on a comprehensive roadmap (including for our core app experience, growth funnel, and digital health offerings). You must be deeply passionate about our mission to improve the health and happiness of the world and take an entrepreneurial and strategic approach to creating products that deliver significant user value.
You will have managed successful teams at scale and know how to motivate those around you and create strong and lasting relationships throughout an organization. You will have experience as a senior leader shipping game-changing, durable products that consumers love. You must be a hypothesis-driven, big thinker who knows how to execute with velocity against aggressive goals. This is a special opportunity for a product leader who wants to impact the health and wellbeing of millions of people around the globe.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Lead the Consumer Experiences product team with a focus on understanding and solving our member problems and optimizing our funnel
- A key thought leader and strategic innovator, focused on enhancing and elevating our consumer product strategy
- Recruit, hire, coach and lead best in class talent
- Research and evangelize the needs of our member community
- Help define and develop a rigorous data culture using quantitative and qualitative measures that tie to company objectives
- Understand the competitive landscape for Headspace and use it to shape the consumer product strategy
- Define annual and quarterly product objectives and work with cross-functional leaders to effectively align roadmaps and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals
- Define product success metrics and analyze product performance
- Develop high-level business cases in support of innovation and product development initiatives
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future products
- Serve as a product evangelist and inspirational cross-functional leader for the company to help communicate and drive the vision, roadmap and best practices in Product for Headspace
What you’ve accomplished:
- 12+ years of experience in Product Management with a focus on building world class digital consumer products. Experience in subscription, wellness or healthcare products is a plus
- 8+ years of experience hiring, managing, coaching and creating a high performance culture for a PM team
- Customer obsessed with a passion for transforming customer needs into an actionable product vision
- Experience leading products from 0 to 1 and from 1 to n
- Large-scale distributed software systems and machine learning experience
- Strong user experience/design sensibility, with a record of shipping delightful products
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail
- In tune with emerging technology and consumer trends, with a knack for seeing around corners
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively present to the senior leadership team, board of directors, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create an environment that fosters data-driven experimentation at high velocity
- Impact-oriented leader with a bias for action and a passion for doing the impossible
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.