Vice President of Product Management at iHerb
The Vice President of Product Management will be responsible for leading and developing an experienced global team of technical professionals and product managers; growing an unparalleled customer experience through product development and execution. The position will lead a wide variety of activities including building and enhancing customer features, developing specifications in partnership with development and testing; understanding and driving stakeholder requirements and engagement. The ideal candidate will place emphasis on quality, efficiency, on-time delivery and user engagement, while managing stakeholder expectations. The VP of Product Management is passionate about best practices, continuous improvement and an expert at managing cross functional teams, removing impediments and facilitating consensus to achieve objectives. This position will be a part of the leadership team and will contribute directly to the success of the company.
- Manages product management team and assures clear product definitions and roadmaps.
- Develops and tracks project plans and progress from inception to delivery to ensure requirements are delivered as scheduled.
- Manages product backlog and priorities based on the cost and the business value of the product.
- Successfully obtains commitment from all involved parties on multi-disciplined projects.
- Effectively manages stakeholder expectations.
- Conduct risk analysis, documents and control risk.
- Leads team in deconstruction of a project into a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Works with the project team to determine resource requirements (people, equipment, materials) and estimate cost of such resources.
- Carries out project life cycles in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Understands and utilizes change management systems.
- Gathers both internal and external data to develop decision making tools for products and projects.
- Trend analysis of products to plan for strategic enhancements based on current usage.
- Build and develop a highly performing and cross-functionally effective product organization.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Oversee and facilitate Agile Team Process and Continuous Delivery
- Serves as a Liaison between Design, Development and Product
- Collaborates with Product Owners and other team members in Agile planning activities.
- Build upon, refine and improve existing agile processes within the technology office.
- Generates and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Analyzes and communicates project data and Agile metrics. Collaborates with others, uses data and knowledge gained to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Mentors Product Team Members and provides guidance in Agile processes and Team interactions.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a rapid delivery and agile environment.
- Understanding of all elements of software development life cycle
- Experience with application lifecycle management systems.
- Proven track record of managing products from ideation to execution to deployment.
- Ability to juggle/prioritize multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing products across multiple platforms and devices.
- Strong understanding of user engagement, business goals and the ability to lead a team in converting those goals into product requirements and priorities.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and maintain fiscal discipline.
- Possesses ability to oversee training, research new technologies, and match requirements to deliverables.
- Excellent at interfacing with business stakeholders and executives, as well as technical counterparts, and able to seamlessly translate among all levels and functions.
- Strong understanding of web information architecture & ERP functions necessary.
- Experience in enterprise software/hardware implementations and working with and managing enterprise level vendor relationships.
- Technical proficiency in both client and server side technologies.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to lead, manage and achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development/design practices.
- Experience implementing Agile using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Required (MS or Ph.D Preferred). Emphasis in Computer Science preferred.
- 8+ years of leading Technical Product Management.
- Experience in an e-commerce business.
- Experience with Google Analytics and other analytic tools.