Technical Product Manager at Laserfiche
Laserfiche is a world leader in software for content management, business process automation, and productivity-boosting data analytics. With users spanning more than 80 countries, in nearly every industry—including government, education, financial services and healthcare—Laserfiche solutions make organizations smarter, more collaborative, more efficient and more effective. At Laserfiche, we don’t just build software, we transform the enterprise.
Delivering on that promise of flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure content management and business process automation software comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
A Technical Product Manager must have superior communication skills to translate between where the executives want to go, what the product development team should implement, and how marketing and sales teams should sell it. As the chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits, you will serve as the Product Owner, helping prioritize product features and customer requirements, defining release plans, and managing the project schedule to ensure that the team delivers on time and on target.
Working alongside our agile development teams, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer needs versus technical constraints. You are able to take long-term product goals, break them down into manageable pieces, and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
Teams we are hiring for:
- File Sharing
Laserfiche File Sharing is a collaborative platform facilitating external document sharing, collaboration and discussion on day-to-day processes while bolstering file transparency through its audit tracking capabilities and document control on your shared projects. File Sharing is tightly interweaved within the Content Services area here at Laserfiche, and one aspect of your role will be serving as a leader within the Content Services area as a whole.
As part of the Integrations team, you will be working on extending our product’s capabilities by creating integrations with industry leading products like Salesforce, Microsoft’s product suite, and many more. Additionally, our team owns our SDK and Web APIs that enable our customers to create their own custom integrations.
The Integrations area is comprised of multiple cross-functional agile teams, each working on high-impact projects and solving complex challenges that will help us deliver real value to our end users.
- Process Automation
As part of the Process Automation team, you will be working on a platform which enables organizations to automate their business processes and transform their organization. You will be asked to lead efforts in product features within the Process Automation area, which can range from Case Management to Business rules, from Data Management to Workflow and Business Process automation, and more!
The Laserfiche Server team are working to deliver the next generation of the Laserfiche document and records management server. In particular, you’ll be responsible for developing, implementing and refining the server applications that lie at the heart of the Laserfiche product line—all while optimizing security, scalability, and performance under load.
Product design, implementation, and management
- Manage product backlogs including creating epic/feature/story definitions, determining priority for work items, mapping out sprints and releases, and triaging features and bugs
- Participate in design reviews, release planning, and sprint planning to provide clarifications necessary to assist the team with estimates, sequencing and objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of the entire product and its feature sets by reviewing and accepting/rejecting new features and user stories
- Work with UX to flesh out detail designs and with engineering leads to set prioritization
- Create design documents and feature specifications scoping out and defining new modules or features
Product representation, direction, and research
- Ability to understand and analyze industry trends to leverage it into the product’s strength
- Ability to perform strong market research and analysis to use your knowledge to position a product
- Strong communication skills to read between the lines and understand end users and their true pain points to develop a solution for them
- Have knowledge and experience with working with sales and marketing teams to ensure that product deployment is in alignment as a company
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- 3+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program, project or product manager
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience deploying a product from start to finish
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***