Technical Product Manager
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
What you’ll do:
- Problem Solve. Research and analyze the largest pain points of internal and external stakeholders and architect the most creative and efficient way to solve them. Get crafty with the resources you have and make a real impact.
- Create. Solve problems yourself! Engineer prototype products for internal use and testing. Don’t be afraid to move fast. This role requires the “hacker” mentality to do what it takes to solve the problem.
- Envision. Define, scope, prioritize and schedule customer-centric product strategy and roadmap to reach company goals. Translate business goals, feature concepts and customer needs into product requirements and communicate these effectively to the team.
- Architect. Work closely with our design and engineering teams to architect the next generation of our site and products. Translate product requirements into meaningful stories. Manage quality assurance and testing throughout the project life cycle to ensure quality output. Our Technology and Data Stack - SQL, R, Python, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, and React.
- Analytical. You use data to drive the majority of your decision making and have experience with business analytics -- knowing what to look for and where to look. You know how to story-tell with your findings and get buy-in from other stakeholders in the business.
- Efficient. Self-starter, multi-tasker, effective communicator and motivator that brings out the best in people. Able to work both individually and within a team to solve issues. Preferably someone who has experience building small web-apps to solve internal problems.
- Equipped. Experience with A/B testing tools like Optimizely, Google Optimize, etc. Proven track record of delivering robust, on-time, quality solutions within project constraints.
- SQL Experience
- Software Engineering Experience
- Experience working with Looker
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing
- Shopify, Technical integrations with other commerce / vendor solutions
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons