Technical Product Manager, File Sharing at Laserfiche
Laserfiche is a world leader in software for content management, business process automation, and productivity-boosting data analytics. With users spanning more than 80 countries, in nearly every industry—including government, education, financial services and healthcare—Laserfiche solutions make organizations smarter, more collaborative, more efficient and more effective. At Laserfiche, we don’t just build software, we transform the enterprise.
Delivering on that promise of flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure content management and business process automation software comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
A Technical Product Manager must have superior communication skills to translate between where the executives want to go, what the product development team should implement, and how marketing and sales teams should sell it. As the chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits, you will serve as the Product Owner, helping prioritize product features and customer requirements, defining release plans, and managing the project schedule to ensure that the team delivers on time and on target.
Working alongside our agile development teams, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer needs versus technical constraints. You are able to take long-term product goals, break them down into manageable pieces, and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
About File Sharing
Laserfiche File Sharing is a collaborative platform facilitating external document sharing, collaboration and discussion on day-to-day processes while bolstering file transparency through its audit tracking capabilities and document control on your shared projects. The team has to solve core problems such as…
- How does Laserfiche provide a platform to bridge the gaps not just between its internal users but also those external to their ecosystem.
- How do we further enhance our sharing and collaboration software to allow customers to focus on what matters, while our software handles all the conventional mundane day-to-day manual tasks.
- Most importantly, how will Laserfiche continue to innovate and be a world leader in content management software?
On the File Sharing team, there is a large potential for growth as well as flexibility for you as the Technical Product Manager to drive the product. Your role is to lead the team to innovate and solve many industry challenges. Using your knowledge and skills, you will collaborate with team members to continuously deploy new releases and develop future road maps. File Sharing is tightly interweaved within the Content Services area here at Laserfiche, and one aspect of your role will be serving as a leader within the Content Services area as a whole. This role requires the ability to adeptly work and communicate with other product teams and departments such as sales, marketing, and executives to have a high-level vision on bringing the product to success.
Product design, implementation, and management
- Manage product backlogs including creating epic/feature/story definitions, determining priority for work items, mapping out sprints and releases, and triaging features and bugs
- Participate in design reviews, release planning, and sprint planning to provide clarifications necessary to assist the team with estimates, sequencing and objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of the entire product and its feature sets by reviewing and accepting/rejecting new features and user stories
- Work with UX to flesh out detail designs and with engineering leads to set prioritization
- Create design documents and feature specifications scoping out and defining new modules or features
Product representation, direction, and research
- Ability to understand and analyze industry trends to leverage it into the product’s strength
- Ability to perform strong market research and analysis to use your knowledge to position a product
- Strong communication skills to read between the lines and understand end users and their true pain points to develop a solution for them
- Have knowledge and experience with working with sales and marketing teams to ensure that product deployment is in alignment as a company
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- 3+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program, project or product manager
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience deploying a product from start to finish
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***