Staff Product Manager, Design Systems (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Who We Are...
The CNN Digital Design System Team is part of the Content Platforms team, that is focused on building the next-generation platform that powers CNN on all digital surfaces. This team is responsible for building and scaling our cross-platform web, mobile, and video design system that is the backbone of our high-quality experiences that informs, empowers and engages users with CNN's trusted journalism. Our Design System, Vossi, is young and in hyper-growth mode. This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we scale.
Your New Role...
We are looking for an experienced Staff Product Manager to deliver the design system as a foundational capability for all product development teams and partner across the organization to ensure all our products and experiences represent our identity, streamline product development efforts through reuse and standards, ensure top performance, and support new experiences ongoing.
As the Staff Product Manager on the CNN Digital Design System Team, you'll manage the roadmap for this critical capability, drive adoption of the design system, and continue to evolve the product based on feedback and technology advances. You'll work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with architecture, engineering, and design to deliver, govern and grow the design system. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across CNN.
The CNN Digital team resides in the New York, Washington D.C, and Atlanta metro areas and in certain cases we are flexible with regards to location and remote work.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Collaborate with cross functional peers to build, govern and grow the CNN Digital Design System
- Maintain and evolve the Design System and support use cases across platforms and by over 20 different teams
- Transform the design system vision into a product strategy and execution roadmap.
- Set key performance metrics and OKRs to define success for the platform, including adoption rate as the primary metric
- Create UI kits, components and provide guidelines & documentation for use by our Designers and Engineers.
- Be a lead advocate for the Design System to enable consistent experiences, reuse and efficient product design and development across CNN
- Gather, prioritize and document platform requirements, facilitate trade-off discussions and plan and manage interdependencies
- Identify and mitigate risks, tracing progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality and reporting on status.
- Partner with data visualization UX leads to manage visualizations standards and component library that supports use cases across organization.
- Conduct market analysis on new technologies, tools, workflows to evolve the design system
- Evangelize platform across CNN and support internal customers in its use.
Qualifications and Experience...
- 6+ years product management or engineering work experience (at least 4 years product management).
- A technical understanding of Design Systems (preferably at scale) that enables Design and Engineering teams. Tools we use: Figma, zeroheight, Jira, Confluence
- A firm grasp across key concepts in UI, UX in web, app, TVE design, and accessibility standards
- Experience with change management governance processes
- Experience rolling out new tools or capabilities, including training/supporting cross-functional internal customers
- Experience across geographically distributed teams (multiple tech hubs)
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary team. Able translate technical concepts to a business and non-technical audience.
- Experience working in SCRUM/Agile frameworks
- A team player able to build and maintain technical relationships, to manage priorities and demands from stakeholders across the company, and create consensus and approvals without direct reporting lines.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Quick to learn and understand new technical concepts and technologies. Takes smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Experience in the news and information industry is preferred but not required
Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $121,100.00 - $224,900.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].