Sr. Product Manager
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As Senior Product Manager you will be a product owner for one of the core HopSkipDrive products and will be the driving force behind developing and executing a roadmap for this product. This is an end-to-end product management position that will require the ability to translate ideas, customer feedback, and data into a prioritized roadmap, and then work with designers and engineers to execute it.
You will be the voice of your product’s customers and seek to continually improve your product while partnering with internal stakeholders across sales, marketing and operations to ensure that business needs are met.
You will help define how the success of your product is measured, and analyze the impact of the features you deliver to make sure they achieve their promise.
Your Primary Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Become the product owner and subject matter expert of your product.
- Own feedback and requirements gathering from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap to deliver high-value features and improvements.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leadership to prioritize the roadmap and organize into a backlog and development sprints.
- Work with designers to turn your features into compelling UX.
- Write detailed user stories, acceptance criteria to provide a clear spec to engineering.
- Be a team player with the engineers to help them build, test and deliver a high-quality product.
- Coordinate with marketing and internal teams to successfully launch features.
- 4+ years experience in a product management role
- Prior experience with customer-facing applications (mobile and web)
- Strong technical acumen and ability to collaborate with engineers
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments and timelines
- 4-year degree from a top university, MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- Experience with two-sided marketplace preferred
- Experience with UX design and wireframing a plus
- Experience with web or mobile development a plus
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.