Sr. Product Manager - Shared Services at National CineMedia
About NCM: America’s Movie NetworkNCM is the connector between brands and movie audiences. As America’s largest cinema advertising network, and the #1 Millennial weekend network in the U.S., NCM offers broad reach and unparalleled audience engagement, presenting our Noovie pre-show on over 21,100 screens in over 1,700 theaters. NCM Digital goes beyond the big screen, reaching entertainment audiences with exclusive content and ground-breaking apps like Noovie Arcade, Noovie Shuffle, Name That Movie and Fantasy Movie League.
Why work for NCM?
Our regular employees enjoy a robust benefits package, plus employee perks like Charity Half-Days, Free Annual Movie Passes, Wellness Discounts on Health Benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Fun Employee Events & Outings, Business Casual Dress Code & more!
Work for a company that has a heart!
NCM encourages employees’ charitable involvement & supports this by providing the option of contributing to charities through monthly payroll deductions. Employees who make a monthly contribution of $15.00 receive a half day off that month with pay, and NCM then donates the charity dollars to designated charities. In addition, we also support giving back to our local communities through “NCM Cares”. This is an employee-led, group volunteering initiative which brings NCM employees together while giving back to the communities through donating their time & effort to a worthy cause.
The Product Manager, Shared Services, (“PM”) will be responsible for ideating, developing, implementing, improving and maintaining the expanding suite of core services that are shared amongst NCM’s digital product line. This is a roll up your sleeves position that includes being a leader, negotiator, presenter, and a strong partner to creative, engineering, and business administration teams. The PM will work with not only internal development groups and resources, but also third-party partners to bring core services to a variety of content and gaming products.
The PM will lead the complete product lifecycle from definition to end-of-life. They have deep knowledge and expertise in product management and as well as program management and will lead the implementation as well as support of these critical services. You are collaborative and lead the strategic alignment within the organization, communicating effectively to both internal and external audiences. You are adept in balancing the strategic and tactical needs across various partnering teams to develop an agreed upon roadmap.
Prior experience with web and app development and maintenance is essential, and prior experience managing search systems, analytic and reporting systems, content management systems, customer relationship systems, ad serving, APIs, and/or data feeds is preferred, as is experience with Agile and SCRUM processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following, subject to approval of plans and resource allocations by the Chief Digital Officer.
• Serve as the primary product manager for the core digital services, which includes:
o Gathering requirements from key stakeholders
o Prioritizing product requirements and feature requests
o Specifying and documenting requirements
o Overseeing the engineering and quality assurance efforts
o Managing the roll out and integration of the services
o Providing support for, and managing stakeholder communication with, those using the services
• Influence product evaluations by monitoring market trends and retrospective and prospective analysis of product, service, and engineering performance.
• Analyze metrics that gauge and inform the success of launched products.
• Maintain an awareness of digital platform innovations and services.
• Ensure product quality and scalability.
• Be a real-time thinker and doer who converts feedback into insights and actions on a very short cycle time.
• Collaborate with the product managers of other digital products and with representatives of other departments within NCM.
• Synthesize external research, internal analytics, and cross-functional team feedback into a product vision and execution plan.
• Influence the overall product roadmap to ensure NCM digital products are unique, protected, and evolving.
• Be able to analyze, document, and communicate the decision-making process on whether to buy vs. build specific features and functionality.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Highly organized with outstanding leadership skills but also plenty of humility and willingness to collaborate and learn.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills that prioritize issues and resolve scenarios in a timely and productive manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to synthesize and present complex scenarios or findings in clear ways to inform others and make decisions efficiently.
• Ability to define services that are interoperable and/or configurable to serve a variety of products.
• Ability to define user, business, and machine use cases.
• Moderate to strong knowledge of security services, tools, and protocols as they relate to log in, registration, and user profile data management.
• Understanding, and ideally prior experience with, compliance issues as they relate to data collection and privacy, including regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, etc.
• Understanding, and ideally prior experience with, the data collection needs of an advertising business.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office productivity suite.
• Proficient use of the Atlassian collaboration suite.
• Experience with the design, development, and maintenance of apps and online products.
• Affinity for, and ideally prior experience with, film and/or entertainment systems.
• Track record of working across functions without direct authority to generate output at a high pace.
• Ability to work independently to drive results.
• Ability to maintain independent and objective viewpoints despite many competing interests from others.
• Data driven mindset and decision making.
• Passion for digital consumer products, advertising, and entertainment.
• Discretion regarding the product roadmap and other sensitive information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
The following experience and education is preferred, and would provide the required knowledge and abilities needed in the role.
• Minimum of five (5) years of digital platform development in the product management capacity.
• Experience with mass-market consumer facing products.
• Prior work with web and app related products.
• Experience working in 24/7 environments where real-time decisions are critical.
• Track record of delivering successful products to market on time and within budget.
• Strong organizational, project management, presentation and customer service skills.
• History of being part of team environments that are productive, fun, and encourage creative-thinking and risk-taking.
• Passion for movies, technology, and games.
• Ability to get up-to-speed quickly understanding new technological innovations in the digital space.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Higher degrees and/or technical certifications a plus.
• This job operates in a professional office environment.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
• Travel will be required between suppliers, other NCM offices and exhibitor locations.
• Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time as well as extensive travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (303) 792-8899 or email: [email protected]
****Out-of-market applicants are welcome. Please be advised that NCM does not pay any relocation expenses****