Sr. Product Manager - Saatchi Art at Leaf Group
Saatchi Art is the world’s largest online gallery for original art, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our team in Santa Monica, CA.
Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike. We are constantly innovating the product experience by leveraging emerging technologies, including augmented reality, cloud search, image recognition search and AI-powered products discovery.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Senior Product Manager grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, Product
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing a deep understanding of the overall business needs and goals, and the core functions of each department (curation, art advisory, marketing, operations).
- Learning how an artwork is created, sold and delivered through our platform and how our world class operation supports both artists and collectors.
- Understanding our key performance metrics and analytics tools to fulfill data requests that enable data-driven decisions.
- Gathering data through various methods including A/B tests, market research or to identify opportunities and engineer products to be as engaging and useful as possible.
- Brainstorming, designing and building products – from concept through to launch – driving the feature through the entire development cycle.
- Create and manage wireframes for pages and/or features to illustrate concepts.
- Design product requirements and desired functionality, collaborating with engineering and QA teams
- Actively identify and manage risks and dependencies to ensure predictable outcome.
- Working closely with Business Intelligence teams to find areas of opportunity to drive the business further.
- Sculpting the product roadmap with scope and rough project milestones.
You’ll be successful if you are a highly-motivated, team player with a passion for building great user experiences on desktop and mobile. As a member of the Saatchi Art team, you will define and drive the requirements through execution of features on the product roadmap.
What You Have:
- 4-6 years of product management experience in the online space, ideally in eCommerce.
- Strong analytics experience; strong familiarity with Google Analytics, SQL, and Tableau is a plus.
- Commitment as a team player, able to work both independently and interact with executive management, and other staff members.
- Above average experience overseeing design of online products with a demonstrated success in building winning products in a consumer-facing environment.
- Passionate and highly-skilled in building innovative features that leverage the latest technologies including augmented reality (web and app), machine learning, and cryptocurrency
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces including requirements gathering, use case development, UX design, wireframing, and user testing processes.
- Thorough knowledge and a clear understanding of the product development stages and process, and the technologies involved in web and application development.
- Strong leadership skills and initiative; must establish credibility within teams as a knowledgeable, effective contributor.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development Methodology / Scrum.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial mindset. Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way.
- Excitement about art and desire to work in the world’s largest marketplace for original art.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree, Business Degree, or equivalent experience.
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.