Sr. Product Manager - Platform & Logistics
The Sr. Product Manager - Platform & Logistics is responsible for aligning Inspire’s supply chain & logistics to our energy forecasting and management capabilities. In this unique role, you will work cross-functionally to constantly improve energy management operations and leverage these insights to define, develop and ship technology and processes that power the delivery of electrons, applications and hardware to Inspire’s internal and external customers.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our customers purchase from Inspire because of our industry-leading offering: price-competitive renewable energy and & smart home devices that come bundled in their plan. They are typically non-technical in nature and have low tolerances for technology that is difficult to understand or use. Delivering a delightful member experience across energy, software, connected hardware and services with a human touch requires a marriage of technical and operational excellence. Your role is to help us elevate that marriage. While you will be mostly focused on developing and shipping internal improvements, this must be done with an eye for powering compelling end-user experiences.
THE SR. PRODUCT MANAGER - PLATFORM & LOGISTICS HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the evolution of our Energy Management System - Work with Data Science and Data Engineering teams to improve our forecasting to real-time and power the creation of internal products that help us operationalize and automate company-wide responses to changes in demand.
- Scale Inspire’s logistics and supply chain infrastructure - Support the development and evolution of Inspire’s technical and operational infrastructure to ensure the delivery of electrons and connected smart home devices from source to destination at ever-expanding levels of volume and geographies.
- Support the evolution of our platform infrastructure - Provide technical product management to make Inspire's energy management system and technical primitives increasingly more accessible to internal and external customers. Partner with technical leadership and stakeholders to ensure industry-leading uptimes and internal SLAs, provide Tier-1 support when bugs or other issues cause the system to go down.
- Define, instrument and manage to KPIs relevant to your areas of responsibility - Work with the VP of Product and cross-functionally to develop and operationalize the key metrics you will use to measure success.
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Work with the VP of Product to develop, define and socialize platform & logistics strategy and roadmap with executive management and key stakeholders.
- Work with Data Science, Data Engineering, Finance, Operations and Product to architect, develop and ship technologies and processes, including highly stable, performant and scalable API endpoints that are optimized for both mobile and web.
- Guide the development of our energy management system and billing technology to power multiple internal and external products at scale.
- Work cross-functionality with Hardware team to connect our energy management system to our network of smart home IOT devices.
- Deploy machine learning and data science / data engineering initiatives into production.
- Net improvements to forecasting accuracy and organizational reaction time via improved operational processes.
- Progress on roadmap vs commitments.
- Uptime of microservices and API endpoints.
- Adherence to Internal SLAs for various product groups and stakeholders within the company.
- Net lift of platform & logistics releases on group and company KPIs
- Obsessed with details - You live in the minutiae. You have a naturally high ability to account for a vast number of details and edge cases across multiple layers of abstraction. You pride yourself in not letting something get by you.
- Data-oriented - You love data. You love running your own queries and analyzing vast amounts of complex data to find an elegant, systematic solution in the chaos.
- Doer - You have a high bias for action. You aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and wade through the muck to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - You consume and distill new information voraciously, climbing learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
- Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to parse signal from noise, extrapolate the underlying pattern, identify the sensitive inputs & weightings and generalize to other contexts.
- Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and do not make a habit of cutting corners.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Must Have
- Stellar data chops - You have a past life as a data scientist or data engineer. You are no stranger to ETL and can run your own queries on large data sets and know how to operationalize analyses to power data visualizations, dashboards and/or automated reports.
- Experience building data-intensive products - You have no problem doing your own data science. You can direct teams to develop and ship front-ends and back-ends, even chipping in a little bit on the code. No discomfort, working with or creating APIs and SDKs that enable high volumes of event-stream data to make their way into web and mobile products for both internal and external use.
- Highly Technical - Must be familiar with (and able to use) the latest web, mobile and back-end technologies including Rails, React, React Native, PostgresSQL, Heroku, AWS, S3, various machine learning stacks and tools (deep-learning is a huge plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - especially in creating detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
- Nice to Have
- Previous experience as Product Manager in a Logistics role for Consumer Hardware
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!