Sr. Product Manager - Exactuals at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
Exactuals is modernizing payment and royalty administration solutions across multiple industries, including Film/TV, Music, Insurance, Real Estate, and Book Publishing. Founded in 2011, our cloud-based SaaS offerings are setting the standard for trust, accuracy, and security in the complex payment processing space. Exactuals is a fast-growing company, doubling in revenue annually, with a strong a commitment to diversity and inclusion. While largely a remote distributed team, Exactuals maintains offices in Los Angeles, Nashville and New York. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018. Visit www.exactuals.com to learn more.
- Own delivery of product features and enhancements within Agile product teams, and exhibit a complete control of the Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies, and/or a complete understanding of a given product area or industry (Film and TV, Music, Insurance, etc)
- Manage a product backlog, write and refine stories with teams, prioritize build efforts and collaborate on delivery timelines with teams; identify team gaps which may cause blockers
- Define roadmaps based on corporate and customer goals, which tell a clear story of the product direction
- Define business objectives and customer needs, and demonstrate and understanding of the customer benefit your product provides and the specific customer problems it is solving
- Initiate and conduct competitive analysis, market research, and data driven analysis to define pain points and market opportunities
- Perform quality assurance and controls on products, and provide team guidance on product where to focus quality review activities
- Identify and track product and feature performance and user feedback, analyze performance, tie product metrics to business goals, and provide recommendations for next steps based on your findings
- Create support articles and training materials for internal and external users
- Effectively speak to basic product concepts and communicate product performance and initiative status to the team, peers and manager
- Communicate product status and developments to stakeholders and customers through compelling and engaging methods such as demos, simplified messaging, in-product education, and others
- Provide accurate and clear answers, based on well-informed data, when consulted for advice on product function, process, risks, etc.
- Initiate and write business cases, ROI analyses, buy vs build analysis, and make recommendations leading increased product engagement and performance
- Incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and find ways to expand product market reach
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in a market facing Product Management role.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience working as a Product Owner in Agile product development.
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA a plus
- Experience in one or more areas: Music industry, Insurance, Film/TV, Oil and Gas, Payments/FinTech, Business Intelligence, SaaS Enterprise software platform, Application Programming Interface (“API’s”) and/or Platform as a Service (“PaaS”)
- Strong Market knowledge or Technical background preferred
- An understanding of product management and Agile product development.
- A passion and empathy for the user and customer.
- Ability to identify issues and needs, recommend solutions for opportunities, and diligently pursue a plan.
- Ability to recognize changing needs adapt a plan when appropriate.
- Natural leadership instincts with a positive team building approach.
- Ability to successfully team with engineers and foster a positive, empowering environment.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.