Sr. Product Manager, Deal Feed
As the Product Manager responsible for Slickdeals’ deal feed, you will be responsible for optimizing for revenue and relevance every time a shopper browses deals on our site and in our apps. You will experiment and seek opportunities to deliver accruing benefits for our shoppers. You will work with our machine learning team to deliver an optimal feed of deals for shoppers at every segment of the Slickdeals customer journey. For shoppers, who seek conveniences and joy, Slickdeals is an online shopping community, that surfaces the best prices and products. You are responsible for helping community members get more value out of Slickdeals the more they engage. Through clustering analysis you will determine where and how to invest in the product. You will create a product roadmap that maximizes the output of your research, design, and engineering resources to benefit users and achieve growth goals. You determine what features we launch next and why. If you are a creative thinker who is obsessed with intuitive experiences that benefit humanity you will thrive here.
- Leverage our customer data platform to inform the ways you optimize the Slickdeals deal feed for revenue and relevance.
- Leverage our customer data platform to personalize deals and recommendations.
- Give community managers the tools they need to improve deal quality and merchandising.
- Lower the barrier for the submission of higher quality user generated content.
- Manage the deal partnerships necessary to put the best deals in front of shoppers.
- Care passionately about every step of each customer’s journey.
- Pursue opportunities to personalize services for members.
- Exude strong product sense, execution, and leadership skills.
- Constantly evaluate how well products serve goals. Identify elements that contribute or detract. Find opportunities to better serve the goals.
- Make clear strategic decisions that promote well-defined, timely product releases.
- Communicate and get buy-off on those decisions with Product Managers, engineering teams, and other business stakeholders to ensure coordination and completion of responsible products.
- Define roadmaps, plan execution of, and deliver innovative consumer products for Slickdeals.
- Communicate product strategy across all levels of the organization.
- Understand consumer behaviors and needs through research, internal and third-party analytics, and direct interactions with users.
- Work closely with Design, Engineering, Content, Marketing, and Business Development teams to manage and ultimately release new or updated product features.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects through proper planning, scheduling, leadership, and execution.
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the business.
- Be the central hub of communication and facilitate collaboration across all parts of the business related to a product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to see signals in the noise of your quantitative and qualitative research.
- Created products and features from scratch following a path of research, ideation, building, measuring, learning, and iterating.
- Experience defining strategy and creating product roadmaps for new features, and communicating those decisions to stakeholders and business owners at all levels.
- Ability to write clear and concise requirements and other documentation for initiatives both large and small.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces, with an ability to create examples through wireframes.
- Familiarity with multivariate testing and analysis.
- Great process and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand the technology behind products.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Highly self-directed and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated improvement on KPIs via product releases.
- Experience running machine learning initiatives preferred.
- Experience developing e-commerce products, technologies, and platforms is strongly desired.
- Track record defining and delivering innovative software products.
- Experience designing user interfaces and performing user research.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Understanding of project management methodologies; Agile, Lean, Scrum.
- Comfortable communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience using project delivery software and ticketing systems such as JIRA.
- Experience using insights, reporting, and analytics tools like Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, Lookback, and Hotjar.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.