Senior Technical Product Manager – Mobile
As part of the Ring Mobile product team, a Sr. Technical Product Manager will be responsible for development of features and functionality into the Ring app.
A successful candidate will look at problems in new ways. Be disciplined to use a balance of creative and analytic skills and the boldness to try new things. You will deliver ideas from concept to implementation. You will focus on experimenting with new solutions that bring the greater security to neighbors around the world.
- Take high level direction and turn a strategic plan into a tactical plan
- Lead the identification areas of opportunity with stakeholder and develop the requirements to solve user issues.
- Define problem spaces/opportunities, develop detailed product specs, scope efforts, maintaining lightweight documentation, and manage a cross-functional team to deliver against those requests
- Create and prioritize a backlog of requirements with input from all stakeholders
- Drive the implementation of the highest value features with project and engineering
- Continuously evaluate the competitive landscape and critically think about how others’ strategies may or may not fit into our own
- Identifying key performance indicators, striving for improvement, and communicating progress
- Execute and communicate of roadmap
- Lead others to work with you when they don’t work for you. Build consensus amongst stakeholders
- Tactfully repurpose/reject ideas when proposed with suboptimal solutions
- 6 years of relevant work experience as a Technical Product Manager in mobile and/or consumer electronics environment
- Stakeholder management: must be able to communicate with all levels, from PR to community support, BI, data management, engineers, security, legal, C-Level
- Must be familiar with SDLC (Agile experience a highly preferable)
- New product planning, from concept to feasibility and definition
- New product introduction, from development to launch
- Post-launch product management, from strategic to tactical management
- Mobile development domain and technical expertise
- Continuous improvement mindset. Willing to learn new skills/different areas of the business/how the product fits into the bigger picture, etc.
- 8 years of relevant work experience as a Technical Product Manager in mobile and/or consumer electronics environment
- Ability to lead and get things done in a fast-moving product engineering organization
- Manage conflicting priorities in an analytical manner
- Critical thinking & decision making
- Be effective at working across multiple time zones/locations
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description