Senior Technical Product Manager- Data Platform Engineering (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
| Greater LA Area | Remote
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
System1 is a leading online customer acquisition marketing company that operates the largest Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform (RAMP) allowing leading digital publishers and networks a single platform to monetize customers in an increasingly complex ecosystem. We are led by passionate entrepreneurs & industry veterans who have built and managed multiple billion-dollar companies. Our growing team of over 300 people is an incredible group of engineers, product managers, data scientists, & buy and sell-side experts.
System1 is looking for a senior product manager to join our Data Platform Engineering team. This team is the horizontal layer that supports business intelligence, optimization, machine learning, and external & internal reporting. We process and report on hundreds of millions of events and user attributes per day, gathered from an extremely heterogeneous and large set of data streams. The ideal person is highly motivated, accustomed to a fast-paced environment, and is well versed with Big Data processing pipelines.
What You Can Expect on the Team:
- Define detailed product specifications pertaining to our data engineering efforts
- Develop the technology roadmap, and balance the backlog with business needs
- Generate and execute new initiatives that increase the resiliency & scalability of the data platforms
- Be a thought partner for counterparts in Product, Engineering & Operations to recommend technical solutions, and influence the roadmap
- Own the definition, tracking, and reporting on KPIs for all products
- Be responsible for execution and delivering on stated milestones
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of product management experience in data warehouse, ETL, or other data-focused environments
- Advanced SQL skills and familiarity with big data technologies, streaming data architectures, and the data infrastructure ecosystem
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data pipelines, warehousing and data management systems
- Engineering or computer science education and/or relevant technical background
- Excellent written, verbal, and leadership skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable managing multiple projects, teams, and priorities
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Generous PTO + 11 company holidays
- Open sick time
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
- 401k with match
- Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Paid professional development
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Virtual company and team building events
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,900 - $209,500 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
System1 offers flexible work arrangements for most employees (unless they hold positions which are identified as having to be 100% onsite in Marina del Rey, CA, Bellevue, WA or Guelph, ON Canada). Most System1 full-time employees choose to work in a hybrid environment, splitting their time between working in our offices and working remotely. System1 allows fully-remote work in the following approved locations: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Prospective U.S. employees who live outside of any of these states will need to establish residency in one of the approved states prior to employment.