Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
About the Role
As the Sr Technical Product Manager, ML and Data Platforms you will have full responsibility for empowering data-informed decision making at Tinder while helping our teams in building data-powered products. This product manager will join an experienced team of product leaders within the Data Team at Tinder.
The role can also be based in San Francisco, CA. We will provide relocation.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively identify areas where we can leverage data and machine learning and how it can be applied intelligently within data product development at Tinder.
- Drive product and technical requirements, strategy and end results for data collection, processing, publishing, pipelining for stream/batch data processing and also for ML models within Tinder.
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process of data product solutions based on business value and customer impact.
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of data products.
- Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders.
- Leverage and instrument data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track and report product success.
- Create data strategies and programs for the long-term success of business teams and ensure data teams are positioned to deliver results.
- Delivered in building data products, including new and emerging technologies in big data infrastructure, data engineering, ML infrastructure and operations
- Have the ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Have a strong technical background in Data Architecture and one or more of the following areas:
- Spark, Kafka, large scale real time and batch processing.
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, feature engineering, model lifecycle management and deployment
- Query building, Databricks, SQL, metadata, data wrangling,
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of product management in a fast-growing consumer tech company, mobile games and or subscription business.
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders.
- Strategic platform and system thinking to balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution.
- Experience in developing roadmaps and long-term data-driven strategies for improving operations, data platform efficiencies - all without sacrificing quality.
- Deep understanding of software development for data products and services.
- Prior PM experience in data pipelines, and/or A/B testing a big plus.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.