We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Product team, which is focused on the customer and driver experience, you'll get to build highly scalable backend services to deliver the best freight shipping experience in the universe.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience designing, building, and iterating on scalable back-end systems and critical business logic. We're looking for an engineer who shares our passion for delighting customers with incredible software. Our team works in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, so great communication skills and a willingness to take risks & push boundaries are a must.
What you'll get to do
- Investigate and implement new tools that support our fast paced development
- Build for scalability, as we rapidly expand our network
- Implement features to enhance our mobile driver app experience, our shipper web dashboard, our sophisticated internal freight management system, our routing optimization system, and our integrations with third party freight carriers
- Guide other engineers and take ownership of the products you build
- Architect maintainable systems and infrastructure to meet product needs
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Experience designing and building scalable APIs and microservices to support mobile and web clients
- Ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests and put testing at the forefront
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment
- You’re not afraid to jump in and fix or extend open-source projects
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to boil down complex engineering decisions into wording any stakeholder can understand
Technologies we're working with
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description