Interested in advancing the outcomes in the health of people and the planet through design, technology, and partnerships? Does solving some of the most complex problems in healthcare and climate tech get you fired up?! Read on.
At Sidebench we operate in empowered product teams that are purpose built to solve hard problems in ways that work for our clients, that their customers love, and make the world a better place.
As a Senior Product Manager you’ll lead multiple cross-functional and durable teams, generally consisting of an Engineering Lead, Product Designer, several Engineers, and QA. Our product teams are purpose built to have the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are valuable, viable, usable, feasible, and desirable.
As a Senior Product Manager at Sidebench, you will have the unique opportunity to work with incredible companies and talented Executive stakeholders to develop product and business strategies across our board and impactful portfolio of consumer and business facing applications to formulate roadmaps and bring those strategies to life.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Become one with your client partner(s) and their business needs - You’ll collaborate deeply with your client partner stakeholders to understand their needs, their business needs, and their customers needs and you’ll lead them through the product development process from product strategy, to product discovery, to product development, and and through every iteration and release.
Deeply understand the problem(s) and user(s) - Use research, data, industry best practices and a product-focused mentality to make decisions that define you as a respected product and team lead.
Define, analyze and constantly measure/plan against KPIs - Use outcomes as your guide to prioritize your roadmaps, groom your backlogs and articulate progress toward the product vision.
Own every phase of the product life cycle - From identifying outcomes, initial strategy, and requirements gathering to QA and subsequent iterations. You’ll use extreme empathy, a deep understanding of the business and user needs, a clear vision to establish a strong foundation that ensures the success of your product decisions.
Collaborate to make the best design and development decisions- Be an advocate for the user(s) and the client’s business strategies and inspire your peers to find the best possible solutions.
Own the outcomes - Manage a tight ship by enforcing a string process, be a steward for the budget, scope, and timelines. Provide timely status reports and clear communication to internal and client stakeholders. Identify and communicate wins and risks to both internal and client stakeholders as early as possible.
Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle for the user and the client partners is what drives your product decision-making.
Doer - Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and wade through the messy middle to uncover the right answers.
Learning machine - You consume and distill new information voraciously, you climb learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to identify second- and third-order effects and ensure the path forward is efficient.
Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and do not make a habit of cutting corners.
High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
Humble & Smart - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
Happy Clients by Achieving Outcomes:Your products will produce real world results in ways that drive your client partners to be so pleased that they will come back for more and refer us to help solve other challenging problems.
Team Contributor: Become an accelerant to the team's growth through being an incredible contributor, mentor, and servant leader.
Impact Cases: Turn your product successes into compelling impact cases that help the Business Development teams and Account Management teams foster growth and new opportunities.
- 6+ years of experience managing and successfully delivering complex web and mobile products
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in constructive and collaborative relationships that drive meaningful results.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and understand multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, marketing, legal, customer experience, etc.
- You have the ability to run and prioritize multiple client projects at a time
- You constantly seek to create value in what you build and verify every product decision with data, user feedback, business cases, and technical feasibility
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation for process and ceremonies like Sprint Grooming and Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- You have familiarity with common software analytical tools (i..e Google Analytics, MixPanel, Segment etc.)
- You leverage qual and quant data to drive product decisions on behalf of our clients and their customers
- You are familiar with agile product development tools & software (jira, product board, asana etc)
- Updating projects plans and running well-organized sprints is your jam
- You have a strong understanding of how different technologies work together and are comfortable discussing it with technical architects and developers
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable leading and pushing back on client stakeholders when necessary
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Sidebench is an award winning custom software development company on a mission to accelerate outcomes in the health of people and the planet through design, technology, and partnership. We are a diverse group of strategists, technologists, tinkerers, and thought leaders that collaborate with our partners to create compelling software solutions to some of the hardest problems in the world. We value a give-first mentality, empathy, curiosity, earning trust, challenging our own inertia, and playing the long game, and when we think about the future, both immediate and distant, we aspire to be an unconventional catalyst that helps create a world where all people thrive.