Senior Product Manager at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
The Product Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) will help drive the strategy, product definition, and overall delivery of the company’s expanding digital experience, specifically mobile apps, video, OTT, and other emerging platforms. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience in leading product initiatives from start-to-finish, developing product opportunities focused on driving key metrics around subscribers, conversion rates, and reducing churn. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has proven track record of driving product improvements through data based decisions through user testing, data analysis, and A/B testing.
- Own the user experience and feature set, and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization for the growth category
- Prioritize and oversee execution of the growth & customer lifecycle product roadmap
- Drive continuous improvement in acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention metrics
- Develop feature definition through detailed requirements and user stories
- Conduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements
- Ensure products are in line with the overall digital strategy and support business goals
- Bachelor's in business, computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field. Masters degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years digital media product management experience – conceptualizing, defining, and delivering products to targeted audiences
- Ability to speak fluently with engineers and understand technical tradeoffs
- Specific experience with mobile app, video, OTT development.
- Experience leading mobile development iOS and/or Android.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Informed decision making skills based on best practices, analytics, industry / technology trends.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the software product development lifecycle, analytics, reporting, and usage tracking software.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.