Senior Product Manager
Product Management at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap in order to realize our mission of being the hub for all things cannabis. As a Senior Product Manager, you will own creating product requirements, and coordinate with the technical team, design teams and other stakeholders to develop and design end to end experiences. You will monitor and react to customer and consumer needs and feedback, constantly improving and expanding the experience.
- Define a world-class customer experience
- Translate the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap
- Maintain and prioritize a product roadmap and backlog and ensure that new features and enhancements are validated and clearly specified
- Lead a cross-functional team to ensure we implement the product vision efficiently
- Monitor adoption, usage and revenue impact of new products and features and report on release impact as necessary
- Collaborate with product, program and engineering leaders across the organization to guide the platform roadmap pinpointing new requirements, features, and policies
- Oversee enterprise-level product planning including identifying new opportunities as well as incorporating a rolling roadmap of business projects and technology initiatives
- Write complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams
- Engage with customers through a variety of channels and serve as the voice of the customer internally
- Strive to deliver high-quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities and structures shift rapidly.
- 4+ years product management experience in a technological industry
- 2+ years experience in consumer-facing online commerce, wireless content, or mobile services
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing agile software development with scrum preferred
- MBA preferred
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Read Full Job Description