Senior Product Manager
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for contributing to and executing the vision for an (Auto) Insurance product by reviewing data about the market, the customer, and the problems they need solved. The Digital Product Manager is also responsible for defining the roadmap, product strategy for continued expansion of products and services in the digital channel for all AAA markets.
- Ability to use insights from research and analysis to inform the product vision, roadmap, and strategy, in order to increase the value of current products and/or introduce new product/service opportunities.
- Work with multiple areas of the organization to ensure the development, execution, and success of all product line initiatives.
- Coordinate and communicate product vision & user experience, roadmap, and strategy with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product development, user experience, and content teams to incrementally deliver on the product vision. Identify, monitor, and evaluate progress against company goals. Identify, monitor, and evaluate key business metrics (e.g. sales, leads, etc.) for your products.
- Identify, monitor, and evaluate key success metrics for the experience of using your products (e.g. satisfaction, visits per month, monthly active users, etc.).
- Cultivate relationships with external vendors, partners, and resources in the development of products.
- Maintain a high level of skill and current knowledge of product line and apply knowledge in proposing and guiding the development of product initiatives.
- Create acceptance criteria for stories in the backlog. Write & Evaluate financial and competitive impacts of potential product features.
- Create and implement all strategic initiatives to ensure achievement of company goals for assigned products.
- Minimum 10 years product management
- Experience Design or related experience for digital products.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to identify product opportunities, inform product vision and strategy.
- Experience with web analytics.
- Experience with Insurance products, user-center design approach in an agile environment and Mobile (iOS and Android) highly desired.
- Experience with Budgeting, forecasting, and/or strategic planning.
- Experience developing SaaS products, technologies and platforms is a strong bonus.
- Four year college degree (marketing, MS&IS, business, management, psychology, HCI, Human Factors, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior strategic, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, to both internal and external stakeholders, both oral and written, including authorship of product-related documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, and senior executives.
- Advanced ability to think strategically and transform strategy into actionable plans.
- Clear understanding of UI/UX design and the basic principles of usability.
- Advanced ability in defining and leading implementation of new processes.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret statistical data.
- Advanced organization, planning, and problem resolution skills required.
- Demonstrated experience shipping a product.
- Understanding of conversion optimization, funnel analysis, A/B testing.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.