Senior Product Manager – Smart Home
Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices.
Using the Inspire app, our members' smart homes become efficient through automation and use less energy while earning cash rewards. Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
At Inspire, as the Senior Product Manager of the Smart Home product you will report directly to the VP of Product and work in a highly cross-functional environment with senior leadership, design, engineering, product marketing, and growth to develop a compelling vision and ultimately deliver a product experience that solves real customer-centric problems while delivering value to the business.
As the Senior Product Manager, we’ll expect you to shine across a broad skill set, be endlessly curious, and seek the knowledge it will take to be successful within the realm of the smart home/home automation landscape, strategy, business planning, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development. You’ll need an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to manage tight timeframes and cross-functional relationships.
You’ll be a key leader within the product organization who helps drive the strategy, validation, business modeling, product definition, roadmap, goals, and objectives to achieve aggressive growth goals by solving real problems at scale.
- Understand the true customer needs and act as their champion to define innovative digital solutions
- Work closely with product design, product marketing, and growth to gain an understanding of existing user personas, pain points, and journeys.
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Develop new theories based on user testing and feedback and test prototypes to help define innovative solutions
- Develop the traditional artifacts needed for engineering including prototypes, feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Design, deploy, and monitor a multichannel feedback loop and report on product KPIs
- Work with the senior leadership to develop business cases and operating plans
- Develop artifacts to align the cross-functional teams and company at large to successfully communicate progress
- Have a solid understanding of both web and mobile OS technologies
- Work across multiple products to deliver a full picture solution
- Need to have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment while having a strong technical intuition, and the ability to manage expectations at the executive level
- Mobile App. Help deliver an industry-leading user experience on the Inspire app and website that encourages daily usage of our smart home capabilities.
- Smart Home Platform. Help build our suite of APIs and backend to support the control of a wide variety of smart home technology products.
- Hardware & API Integration. Continuous integration of an ever-expanding category of Smart Home IoT products like Nest, Ring, etc. Support and sometimes facilitate forming relationships with potential device partners.
- Data Insights. Leverage consumer data we generate through surfacing intelligent insights that drive consumer adoption and engagement.
- At least 5+ years managing products and teams
- Familiar and comfortable with both web and mobile programming languages
- Have built and shipped products from the ground up: from ideation through go-to-market. Consumer-facing products preferred
- Have the desire to build a high performing product process, teams, and culture
- Previous experience with IOT / Home Automation / “Smart” Tech Products
- You have experience working with distributed teams (we’re bi-coastal)
- You have a passion for leadership and process development
- You enjoy cupcakes, long walk & talks, and can laugh a lot
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Lots of cupcakes