Senior Product Manager - Marketplace
The Marketplace Product Manager at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap that will help grow the Weedmaps wholesale exchange platform and increase the adoption and engagement of both buyers, sellers and brands within the B2B marketplace.
In this role, you will help determine our strategy for engaging buyers, managing our partner sellers, and making complex trade-offs between company priorities. You will have autonomy and ownership of key metrics that directly impact top-level company goals. Whether that means driving new partnerships, managing complex compliance requirements, or building APIs to integrate with third party tools and services.
We are looking for a product leader with deep intuition and passion for developing great user experiences, the ability to collaborate & communicate with team members from every function and at every level, and an analytical approach to understanding and solving problems.
The impact you'll make:
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap, and design of the entirely new Weedmaps wholesale exchange product to deliver against team and company growth goals.
- Prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product development with a team of engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Build internal partnerships and influence: scaling our growth platforms and delivering a consistent, engaging user experience requires teamwork across many job functions and levels.
- Be the subject matter expert on sellers and buyers, ranging from very small regional sellers to enterprise level national brands.
- Identify and assess opportunities for target market segments, segment sizing, and ideal user targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment
- Balance build vs. buy decisions when expanding our usage of engagement + third party marketing automation tools
What you've accomplished:
- 4+ years of experience in product management
- 2+ years of experience building, optimizing, maintaining marketplaces and seller focused tools and services.
- Strong foundational product skills like A/B testing, analytics, user research, and storytelling
- Deep understanding of growth loops, funnel metrics, and behavioral patterns
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business outcomes and/or products that move the needle on company metrics
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL and data analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel or similar)
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Solid understanding of the technical implementation of product ideas, and the ability to build relationships with Engineering Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Marketers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Sound business judgment as well as a proven track record of thinking clearly (invent/simplify), analyzing quantitatively, problem-solving, scoping and prioritizing technical requirements
- Proven track record of driving critical technical investment decisions across multiple businesses and senior leaders
- MBA degree
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!