Senior Product Manager (Los Angeles) at sweetgreen
Senior Product Manager - Customer Relationship Platform
Sweetgreen is looking for a seasoned Product Manager to join our Tech team. We are looking for a blend of front end and platform experience. As we build our “FoodOS” and we scale, we need a strategic thinker with the creativity to solve our bigger problems in simple ways, the discipline to make hard tradeoffs, in collaboration with team members and stakeholders, and the ability to earn trust with technical and non-technical leaders, including the CTO and CEO.
As a senior individual contributor, we will rely on you to deliver a vision and roadmap for our customer-facing menu that empowers sweetgreen to 10x sales, go public, globalize, or any major business event sweetgreen chooses to pursue in the near future. This role is not about “tell me what to do, and I’ll write the requirements”, this role is about ideating and making the right decisions for our customers and company.
- Design and implement advancements to how our customer data management system is implemented, with an eye to long term use cases of personalization, experimentation and customization.
- Recommend and implement an experimentation toolset to enable our company to build a culture of experimentation.
- Revamp our gift card offering program
- Write down and work with engineering to design the necessary underlying platform to enable the use cases in your experience roadmap
- Maintain a backlog of tech-driven improvements to our business operations, to be prioritized in collaboration with a rotating mix of corporate and technology teams.
- Oversee large, cross-functional programs and initiatives. Work with our culinary, marketing, supply chain teams.
- Write, write, write. We believe that writing brings clarity to thinking, helps discussions and decision making, and reduces misunderstandings and mistakes. You’ll come in as a strong writer already, and you’ll be committed to improving and leading our organization toward higher standards.
- Within 30 days, you will have familiarized yourselves with all systems involved, and have started building relationships with key stakeholders. You will have taken ownership of the existing sprints and participated in the standard agile ceremonies with the team.
- Within 60 days you will have:
- Drafted a document that describes the strategic approach for our Customer Data Platform team. This document will act as the vision for the squad and will be reviewed at the CTO level
- Drafted a product proposal to buy/build an experimentation (A/B testing) solution for our company going forward.
- Within 90 days you will have influenced the engineering stakeholders to have started the development of the work on your proposals and have established detailed requirements and timelines. Specifically, you should have built an exhaustive list of customer profile attributes (i.e. explicitly stated preferences, order channel usage, browse behaviors, etc….). These product proposals will be reviewed at the CTO level.
- Within 120-180 you will have reached the first milestone that you have defined for the above plan, working with engineering, design, and program management
- By day 90, you’ll have established your own roadmap, and will start to participate in larger discussions for 2-3 year planning.
- 5+ years of experience in digital product management role. Ideally a mix of startup + bigger company, but what matters is what you have done.
- Proven experience designing and maintaining a roadmap and executing the vision behind it, complete with tradeoffs, dependencies, and positive returns on investment.
- Culture of ownership, collaboration, and results within blended corporate and partner teams
- Track record of delivering data-driven outcomes and insights, as well as influencing business and technology decisions.
- Passionate about food. Ideally, you know what you eat, and you realize how important it is to connect people and communities to real food. Both for people and for the planet.
- User of fitness and lifestyle app definitely a plus
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.